Auto electrician/electronic experts/mechanics in Scotland?

Gillon Johnstone

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Does anyone know of anyone who does retrofits in Scotland , cruise control, multi function steering wheel, reversing camera etc?

I'd be keen to know this to. Made the trip to Professional Retrofits last year for cruise control. I'd recommend them. Will likely be back for a MFSW at some point in the future. However they're based in Nuneaton so its a bit of a trek unless you incorporate it into a holiday or some other trip down south.

I'd be keen to know this to. Made the trip to Professional Retrofits last year for cruise control. I'd recommend them. Will likely be back for a MFSW at some point in the future. However they're based in Nuneaton so its a bit of a trek unless you incorporate it into a holiday or some other trip down south.
That's the problem we live in the north west highlands about 100 miles north of Inverness.

Cartech solutions in Inverness can do rear camera, maybe mfsw?
Highland happy campers / adverture vans would be worth asking as would Russell's garage @ inchmore
All highly recommended for vw transporter stuff.

Basically as per the title, looking to get cruise (stalk) control retro fitted to my 2016 Euro 6 Kombi. Are there any companies in Scotland who can do this or is it best sticking with the VW dealer to get this done?

Thanks in advance...

Any decent auto electrician should be able to fit CC. Also, it's fairly easy, with the instructions that should come with a kit, to run all the wires and stuff yourself if you're a DIY type. It'll save you the labour cost and then all you need to do is get it coded in.

Hi,

Looking for an auto electrician in the Glasgow area to connect up fuse box under passenger seat and tow bar wiring. All cables ran to right places, just need connected.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
Paul

If you have no luck with an auto spark, you could visit a caravan centre

Hi, does anyone know of anyone in Scotland (ideally in the Highlands, but am willing to travel), who might be able to help sort out some battery/electrics/electronics issues with my T6, please?

I'm having issues with the starter battery going flat after a couple of days of being stationary, despite the van recently having had a new battery fitted. The start/stop function isn't working, the wipers aren't working when on the intermittent setting (they'll wipe a few times, then stop), the cornering lights aren't working as they should. I'm wondering whether it's all connected.
The leisure battery also is probably shot and I had a Victron B2B charger fitted, to replace a VSR (fitted by the chap who converted the van), which I realised wasn't suitable for a Euro 6 engine.
I'm based in Fort William and have had the van connected to diagnostic software, but the mechanic wasn't able to help any further.

Hi, does anyone know of anyone in Scotland (ideally in the Highlands, but am willing to travel), who might be able to help sort out some battery/electrics/electronics issues with my T6, please?

I'm having issues with the starter battery going flat after a couple of days of being stationary, despite the van recently having had a new battery fitted. The start/stop function isn't working, the wipers aren't working when on the intermittent setting (they'll wipe a few times, then stop), the cornering lights aren't working as they should. I'm wondering whether it's all connected.
The leisure battery also is probably shot and I had a Victron B2B charger fitted, to replace a VSR (fitted by the chap who converted the van), which I realised wasn't suitable for a Euro 6 engine.
I'm based in Fort William and have had the van connected to diagnostic software, but the mechanic wasn't able to help any further.

what faults came up with the diagnostic software.

Love Fort Bill btw go up there every year for the downhill world cup

Fort William is great for the outdoors, but it can be rubbish when trying to get stuff like this resolved!

Here's a screen shot relating to the stop/start issue. I didn't get screen shots of the other faults. IMG_20210923_163613.jpg

Back