Attaching Awning

Zoe

Hi guys

I’ve got a Khyam Dub hub awning (still boxed) and I’m having a Reimo multi rail fitted on my van. Can you tell me what size kador strip I need and do I need a figure of 8 piece?

Also someone mentioned you can get a rod that you just drop in the rail instead of the strip?

Thanks

Hi @Zoe The rod is used for fixing the awning to your van if you don't have an awning rail. You have a reimo rail so you don't need the rod kit. If you are not planning on driving away from the awning then you don't need a separate kador strip and figure of 8. The kador strip on the awning will slide into the rail.

If you're planning on driving away from the awning while your camping then a double kador strip and a figure of 8 connector is used. It doesn't say the diameter of the strip on the awning but I'd guess it's 6mm.

The double strip goes into your reimo rail. You then use the figure of 8 strip to connect the kador strip on the awning to the kador strip sticking out of your rail.

ODRVDRIVEAWAYKIT_1.jpg

During the high winds a few weeks back, the flapping and movement of the awning basically worked the plastic rods loose and out.
At Bestival, connected the awning directly to the rail, so much better, but calm conditions.

Reactions: Zoe
Back