Are sliding-windows tinted?

Inazone

Hi, I have a leaking side door window on my 2019 highline kombi. Local dealer is saying that VW do not supply windows with a tint on any van. So cannot replace it.
So my question is is it possible to check what my van came with from factory?
Do VW do tinted windows?

Would it be possible that they have ordered the wrong part and trying to bluff me?????

Hi, I have a leaking side door window on my 2019 highline kombi. Local dealer is saying that VW do not supply windows with a tint on any van. So cannot replace it.
So my question is is it possible to check what my van came with from factory?
Do VW do tinted windows?

Would it be possible that they have ordered the wrong part and trying to bluff me?????
They come with a light green tint. if your window is a dark 'limo' tint then it's either an after market window or has had a darker tint film applied to the inside.

I think they could also be a brown tint from factory.
Obviously as said above if aftermarket tints they would be on the grey/ black scale.

If the glass is stamped VW just peel off the inner film to see it's true colour.

I'm fairly sure all the VW replacement units are clear, but when I had both of mine replaced the dealership got a guy in to tint them again, no charge to me.

So I enquired about getting the rear windows a few weeks back from my local VW parts department.
I was definitely asked whether the sliding kombi windows were green or brown tint.

I think going by the conversation I had most are green tint as standard

Are you replacing existing units or fitting new? Because if you are fitting new, get anything but VW units! Leaving the side door open is more waterproof than the VW ones.

The sliders in my 2018 Highline Kombi are definitely tinted from the factory. I know this because when i fitted rear quarter windows,there were different versions,one was a green tint and one was a green privacy tint if i remember rightly. All the information,different codes etc was found on hereIMG_0097.jpg

I've fitted a Caravelle rear tailgate and side door to my van which both came with windows which look slightly green like the van above (Martin's). I would like to add the remaining windows on the drivers side and the rear passengers side. Does anyone have the part numbers for a SWB and know someone who can fit them? I don't want any sliders or aftermarket windows.

Thanks

Back