Tinting Options

Tall_Paul

Hi There,

New to the VW world and looking for some advice. We have a 2019 Shuttle SWB and unsure what to do for the windows, currently standard glazing but looking to add a tint for security and also to keep the van cool (temp :) )

Based in scotland and happy to get recommendations of companies, not keen to do the windows myself.

Which is the best all round in terms of budget and practicality? and would be good to hear other's experience.

Tinted Glazing (Not sure if that's the correct term)
Foil
solarplexius (May be tempted to DIY)

Finally looking to get this done in the next few weeks, is that the type of thing a company could book in quite quickly?

Thanks for your help!

Welcome.

If you’re talking about the rear and side windows then as dark as possible for me - limo tint.

You can’t use this legally to tint the driver and passenger windows though so you would need something less dark.

Welcome.

If you’re talking about the rear and side windows then as dark as possible for me - limo tint.

You can’t use this legally to tint the driver and passenger windows though so you would need something less dark.
Thanks @t6blo found somewhere semi local a recommendation from a friend and seems to get great reviews. Taking it on Wednesday for initial check due to the integrated window blinds on the shuttle can make it tricky apparently.

Hi Tall Paul

I’m also in Scotland and looking into tints. Please let me know who you’re using and what you think of the work.

Thanks

This might help, seems to be two similar threads running.

Hi Tall Paul

I’m also in Scotland and looking into tints. Please let me know who you’re using and what you think of the work.

Thanks
Hi @Cosmic74 I went today for them to check, apparently in the past they’ve had Shuttles in and the integrated blind catch is jammed tight to the window. Anyway mine are all good and it’s booked in for Friday. There’s a lifetime guarantee and get great reviews. Typical I’ve been looking for somewhere for a while with no joy and then you get something lined up and everyone (not on here :) ) is full of recommendations and suggestions .

I’ll post pictures once done. It’s Scot-Tint at Newbridge Edinburgh so easy access from M9 and M8 if travelling. Quite hard to get a hold off, but found email best for getting them.

That’s the after Pic’s, went for the Limo Tint, a positive I hadn’t considered was at night it reduces the glare from headlights in rear view mirror.

For anyone in or around Glasgow area looking for tints I would highly recommend Strathclyde Auto Tint based in Hillington. They've tinted the windows on my cars over the last 15 years and did my transporter last November when I got it - always done a brilliant job!

That’s the after Pic’s, went for the Limo Tint, a positive I hadn’t considered was at night it reduces the glare from headlights in rear view mirror.
Looks good. I’m looking to do mine too, but a little worried how well the tint film copes with the heater elements. Is it ok? Have you got a close up pic please?

Quick question as I’ve just had my side windows tinted. Do you have any silver around the edges on the dot matrix part of window?
Mine have it and just wondering if any ways to get the tint to bond. Wondered if other people’s are the same. Attached photo - you can see it to the right of the slider part

F1D03E7F-6624-4073-86F0-BFB2BEB1F766.jpeg

Back