Anyone with 255/55/R19 on Canteras?

t9goe

VIP Member
Hi There,

Picked up My 18 Plate T6 Transporter Highline dsg yesterday and bought some Amarok 19" alloys size of 255 - 55 - 19 was wondering would these fit straight on or would i have to change the tyres?
I also want to get the splitter and barn door spoiler anyone recommend where to purchase from....

Thanks

Hi There,

Picked up My 18 Plate T6 Transporter Highline dsg yesterday and bought some Amarok 19" alloys size of 255 - 55 - 19 was wondering would these fit straight on or would i have to change the tyres?
I also want to get the splitter and barn door spoiler anyone recommend where to purchase from....

Thanks

Hi @t9goe congrats on your new van, in relation to your wheels they will be too big with the original tyres. You will need a new set. 245/45/19 is what most have gone for but you could go wider poss 255/45/19.
If the original tyres are in good condition you can always sell them.

I am running the Nexen brand 245/45/19 which are a mid budget tyre and suits my needs and driving style (sedate)

:thumbsup:

Hi @t9goe congrats on your new van, in relation to your wheels they will be too big with the original tyres. You will need a new set. 245/45/19 is what most have gone for but you could go wider poss 255/45/19.
If the original tyres are in good condition you can always sell them.

I am running the Nexen brand 245/45/19 which are a mid budget tyre and suits my needs and driving style (sedate)

:thumbsup:

Thanks for your help i seen a few people had put 245/45/19 on what load would they be 102?

Hi all.. I've managed to bag a set of Canteras, which are currently shod with 255/55/R19s.. I believe these were the Amarok standard. They have good tread so I'm trying to convince myself they might be ok. Anyone running these and if so do you have any pics?

I saw a set on eBay with Amarok tyre sizes and one of the photos had them on a black transporter, will see if I can find the link hang on

I tried mine on when I first got them just to see. They were way too big. I changed them for 255-45-19's and sold the big tyres for £150.

I tried mine on when I first got them just to see. They were way too big. I changed them for 255-45-19's and sold the big tyres for £150.
Hmm yeah that’s my inclination as well. I’m paying to have them powder coated so seems a shame to ruin them with chunky tyres!

Back