Anyone tempted by one of these?

lets not get into the conversation of battery life and cost of replacement plus the fact that current battery technology is crap and stupidly expensive to replace, making the value of the car almost worthless. OK, lets then.....
So, according to the brainless f-witts at spoticar -

Can electric car batteries be replaced?​

The short answer is yes. Electric car batteries can be replaced; however, the majority of electric car owners will never need to worry about replacing their electric car batteries. Most car manufacturers provide warranties for their electric vehicles, which typically cover them up to 8-10 years or 100,000 miles.

Who will buy an 8 year old EV with 80k on the clock and a battery that cant provide the original performance that will need to be replaced in around 20k miles, for way more than the car is worth? Good luck selling that. Having said that, I'll buy yours then.... for fiver!
They will all become landfill. tell me thats not massivley wastefull and a problem to the planet?

I'm with Ali-G, fill up, drive, dont have to stop every 20 miles to recharge. Buy your Yorkie before hand so theres no need to stop.

We were in Bourg st Maurice recently on the Huttopia campsite. We noticed all the EHU bollards had “No EV charging” stickers on them. As we left the Alps, just at the start of the French holidays, there were miles of cars queuing from Albertville into the Alps. Mrs Spuds turned to me and asked “where would all these cars charge up if we were all electric?”. And that is the rub.
We looked at Huttopia, but will be at Le Recluse instead for the Friday night before Tignes. Can’t remember why we chose Recluse now though. Is Huttopia ok?

Trouble is current low running costs for EVs will be short-lived. Government subsidies are on their way out, EV road tax is on its way in and pay per mile charging will replace fuel duty.

lets not get into the conversation of battery life and cost of replacement plus the fact that current battery technology is crap and stupidly expensive to replace, making the value of the car almost worthless. OK, lets then.....
So, according to the brainless f-witts at spoticar -

Can electric car batteries be replaced?​

The short answer is yes. Electric car batteries can be replaced; however, the majority of electric car owners will never need to worry about replacing their electric car batteries. Most car manufacturers provide warranties for their electric vehicles, which typically cover them up to 8-10 years or 100,000 miles.

Who will buy an 8 year old EV with 80k on the clock and a battery that cant provide the original performance that will need to be replaced in around 20k miles, for way more than the car is worth? Good luck selling that. Having said that, I'll buy yours then.... for fiver!
They will all become landfill. tell me thats not massivley wastefull and a problem to the planet?

I'm with Ali-G, fill up, drive, dont have to stop every 20 miles to recharge. Buy your Yorkie before hand so theres no need to stop.
Read in a reputable Fleet magazine a few weeks ago that actual battery degradation is 3% per year, a lot less than thought.
I also hope that in 8 years time, battery exchange/replacement will be a lot easier and cheaper

Add to that, some cars reject their batteries once the levels get to 70% capacity so they are then trashing perfectly good batteries that will end up in a landfill...
Or the house that Im planning to build! Ill be buying your knackered batteries for a fiver!
You can fork out £15k for a new one.
he he he!

We looked at Huttopia, but will be at Le Recluse instead for the Friday night before Tignes. Can’t remember why we chose Recluse now though. Is Huttopia ok?
Huttopia was fine. First time for us. Great facilities, reasonably priced, friendly helpful staff. 10% discount on lift passes. Free (but limited) shuttle to the funicular, we walked it each day. I certainly would go back if I was in the area. Bourg is a decent enough town, not as pretty as your typical Alpine resort, but good supermarkets/restaurants/bars/Lidl/fuel etc.
Top tip:- drop your skis & boots off at the ski lockers by the funicular on your way in, €7/day for a 2 pair locker. And 15min walk from funicular to Huttopia.

Read in a reputable Fleet magazine a few weeks ago that actual battery degradation is 3% per year, a lot less than thought.
I also hope that in 8 years time, battery exchange/replacement will be a lot easier and cheaper

I have my EV 3 years now and it didn’t lose 1 mile of total range. The 3% rule doesn’t look right to me.

it didn’t lose 1 mile of total range
Quoted range on the dash or 'real life actual range' in miles actually traversed?

No car manufacturer is going to have a car that when fully charged displays a range less that its 'potential' maximum... (irrespective of its age!)

My Makita drill battery still says 'fully charged' but only gives me half hr of use now rather than the hour it used to 5 years ago...

Just sayin'!

Quoted range on the dash or 'real life actual range' in miles actually traversed?

No car manufacturer is going to have a car that when fully charged displays a range less that its 'potential' maximum... (irrespective of its age!)

My Makita drill battery still says 'fully charged' but only gives me half hr of use now rather than the hour it used to 5 years ago...

Just sayin'!
I think it’s more sofisticate than that.
Battery pack is 90kw but only 84 is chargeable. I get always the same mileage, more in the summer. Maybe 6kw are there for backup? Who knows…

...or this one, which may be a little more mainstream...

Not sure why anybody would need to be triggered by the prospect of electric cars when the alternative ultimately may well be less or no cars.
The bollox spouted about worthless lithium car batteries going into landfill when there's already a recycling industry for something as comparatively worthless as dead lead acid batteries and the reality of a 15 year old Prius on it's original suitcase sized boot mounted lithium battery still being used as a taxi.
It's worth looking on eBay at electric cat S and N damaged salvage cars to realise that EVs are a thing and being treated no differently than their oil burning equivalent in the real world.
I looked a couple of days back and apart from Tesla's paranoid post sale control of software and replacement parts to third party repairers there were three model 3s, one a long range model too, all below £12,000.

Not sure why anybody would need to be triggered by the prospect of electric cars when the alternative ultimately may well be less or no cars.
The bollox spouted about worthless lithium car batteries going into landfill when there's already a recycling industry for something as comparatively worthless as dead lead acid batteries and the reality of a 15 year old Prius on it's original suitcase sized boot mounted lithium battery still being used as a taxi.
It's worth looking on eBay at electric cat S and N damaged salvage cars to realise that EVs are a thing and being treated no differently than their oil burning equivalent in the real world.
I looked a couple of days back and apart from Tesla's paranoid post sale control of software and replacement parts to third party repairers there were three model 3s, one a long range model too, all below £12,000.

If I bought a Cat S write off EV I think I'd park it quite a safe distance from my house for a while.

You'd think that because of the anti EV nonsense on YouTube and the online supposedly "news" agencies.
Rather than watch some conspiracy theory video by that knobber Geoff buys cars about the fire at Luton Airport being started by an EV rather than a diesel Range Rover Sport watch some idiot trying to drive his Tesla through Rufford Ford and bogging but not bursting into flames or exploding.

Back