Multivan-?? Anyone

JackC

Anyone seen or driven one yet? I understand its based on the golf platform so drives much more like a car than a van...Is this a T6 replacement?

Anyone seen or driven one yet? I understand its based on the golf platform so drives much more like a car than a van...Is this a T6 replacement?
Vertu Hereford have one on demo. I had a look at it last time I was there. As a large family car, it looks very good. I know one of the salesmen there. He offered me a drive, but I couldn't be bothered at the time. My Velle is in for service on Thursday, so I'm going to see if I can have a couple of hours demo in it as I have a job to do close by.

I had one overnight while my van was at dealers. Its very nice inside, looks of toys (or the one I drove had lots). Drives well, quick. liked the heated seats and wheel

Downsides, mpg less than van despite being a hybrid and me driving the same way. Also it sounded a creaky / rattley in the back.

Overall for a £62k vehicle I was expecting to impressed more than I was and worried there was alot to go wrong with all the hybrid bits.

I had one overnight while my van was at dealers. Its very nice inside, looks of toys (or the one I drove had lots). Drives well, quick. liked the heated seats and wheel

Downsides, mpg less than van despite being a hybrid and me driving the same way. Also it sounded a creaky / rattley in the back.

Overall for a £62k vehicle I was expecting to impressed more than I was and worried there was alot to go wrong with all the hybrid bits.
Hi Huba - interesting. you're saying the MPG is less than your van, but the advertised combined mpg is: 1.7l/100km (vs around 9.5 for a T6 depending on model). What mpg did you get on the PHEV?

Hi Huba - interesting. you're saying the MPG is less than your van, but the advertised combined mpg is: 1.7l/100km (vs around 9.5 for a T6 depending on model). What mpg did you get on the PHEV?
I only had it for my commute back from work and back in the morning, was on 1% when battery when I got it, I didnt plug it in at all so only got a small amount of regenerative braking in the battery. It was also cold, and i've never had heated seats / wheel, so had them going.

Sure if you charged the battery it be better. I do drive my van to maximise mpg so get 45-50mp generally on my commute (102).

I said to the service guy it was nice but expensive and he pointed out that its not much more than high spec T6.1

Back