Cupboard and seat mods

fozz1e

Hi everyone,

I'm quite tempted by a camper that ticks a lot of my requirements but I'm not a massive fan of the cupboard colour and seat trim.

A colleague of mine does vinyl wrapping and said he could have a go at the cupboards but thinks it could peel over time. I've got some idea of what it would cost to re-trim the seats.

So I guess I'm wondering how much would you let the interior colours bother you or if everything else was right would you go for it and change it in time?

Also wondering if anyone else thinks the colours might bother others and affect resell value or if it's just my tastes?

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 20.27.55.png

To be perfectly honest, the colour scheme does look very... err... how do I put this... seventies. In fact, I think I used to have a pair of flares and a tank top in a similar colourway. :sick:

It could be just me (and you), but it isn't my cup of tea (apologies, but you did ask!).

To be perfectly honest, the colour scheme does look very... err... how do I put this... seventies. In fact, I think I used to have a pair of flares and a tank top in a similar colourway. :sick:

It could be just me (and you), but it isn't my cup of tea (apologies, but you did ask!).
I appreciate the honesty, thank you! Goes some way to answering what it might be like if I wanted to sell on…

Is it actually that beige in the flesh or is there some colour distortion going on in the pic?

That's the first thing that came to my mind too. I can sort of see what they've tried to go for - the retro look - but they've missed the mark.

Not my taste, either.

You can get the seats retrimmed but the units would be a pain to change colour.

Reactions: Bav
Hi everyone,

I'm quite tempted by a camper that ticks a lot of my requirements but I'm not a massive fan of the cupboard colour and seat trim.

A colleague of mine does vinyl wrapping and said he could have a go at the cupboards but thinks it could peel over time. I've got some idea of what it would cost to re-trim the seats.

So I guess I'm wondering how much would you let the interior colours bother you or if everything else was right would you go for it and change it in time?

Also wondering if anyone else thinks the colours might bother others and affect resell value or if it's just my tastes?

View attachment 235629
Aside from the colours (which I can’t lie, are pretty rank in my mind) there are other details that seem an odd choice - the fact you can’t open the decent sized cupboard if the table is in place, the old fashioned curved end to the deep high level cubbyholes, three little doors to what is presumably one big space under the rear bench, a shelf ready to spew its contents onto rear seat passengers when you stop, and the three tiny steps in width of the worktop. Oh, and the narrow tamba doors which will be a pain to load through.
Sorry but the whole thing is off for me.

The colour is the final straw!

As for vinyl wrapping cupboard fronts I wondered about this on my van but came to the conclusion it would bubble due to heat. The knock in plastic trim around panel cut outs or edges has shrunk over time due to warmth in the summer. Dogs die in hot cars… and some plastics too.

Last edited:
@fozz1e have to agree not great colours but the units I would leave and change the seat covers either reupholstered or covers to something a bit more colourful and a colourful but tasteful rug on the floor
Units look fine
But seats and floor don't go

Are the front seats the same

@Lubrown good eye for detail, I hadn't considered most of these points. The three doors under the seat were a thing on another Camperking conversion I saw as well and struck me as odd then.

The colour is definitely not quite as beige in real life but the units and seats combined are definitely not a great look. Front seats are indeed the same... I'm going to go for a second look on it today as the base van spec and condition are just what I'm after then I can weigh up whether it's worth it going for.

The three doors under the seat were a thing on another Camperking conversion I saw as well and struck me as odd then.
Ours just has one long door (both front and back) that allows us to load the dog crate and our wide solar panel with ease. I can even load long bits of wood through the back when doing DIY shopping.
It’s just one massive storage area under the seat and limiting the opening so much seems a buzzard thing to do.

Back