Anyone tempted by one of these?

Bav

Explore, discover, enjoy, repeat...
VIP Member
T6 Legend

Not a big fan of electric cars TBH, but could be tempted by one of these if the vaunted price-point becomes a reality.

Yes, look good but just a concept currently so it will be interesting to see if it stays the same or not.

Never going to happen at £22k IMHO. Watched EV man review of the ID buzz the other day and the test car was priced at £71k EV cars are the gravey train for manufacturers atm which will only intensity as the petrol/diesel ban gets closer.

Never going to happen at £22k IMHO. Watched EV man review of the ID buzz the other day and the test car was priced at £71k EV cars are the gravey train for manufacturers atm which will only intensity as the petrol/diesel ban gets closer.
I fear you're correct.

EVs will improve in time, but Charging availability, speed and reliability look like being severely out of step for the foreseeable future. By which time the Gov will be pushing the next big idea !
I saw a couple take a Buzz out on a test drive recently. I bet they didn’t test charging out in the wild.

Given that the vast majority of EV owners actually charge at home 90% of the time (read it somewhere?) its a fine line to judge about where and how many public charging station locations are actually needed for longer journeys. Add the fact that range of newer models is improving as time progresses, its a difficult call to get right. I'm guessing demand for public charging points will be urban areas where flats and terraces are predominant.

Given that the vast majority of EV owners actually charge at home 90% of the time (read it somewhere?) its a fine line to judge about where and how many public charging station locations are actually needed for longer journeys. Add the fact that range of newer models is improving as time progresses, it’s a difficult call to get right. I'm guessing demand for public charging points will be urban areas where flats and terraces are predominant.
We were in Bourg st Maurice recently on the Huttopia campsite. We noticed all the EHU bollards had “No EV charging” stickers on them. As we left the Alps, just at the start of the French holidays, there were miles of cars queuing from Albertville into the Alps. Mrs Spuds turned to me and asked “where would all these cars charge up if we were all electric?”. And that is the rub.

“1,500 clean, emissions-free miles per year,”
Assuming that the range of the battery is around 400 miles as they claim, then it takes around 3 months of perfect sunshine to charge the battery once. It’s a gimmick
Oh, I don't disagree. In Cheshire I'd get a mile or 2 a year, lol

Me too, just switched to an EV tariff with Ovo which gives me a price of 10p per KW, equating to 3p a mile roughly. Plus it's so fun to drive !!

Back