anyone running 19" wheels

I can't help with the wheels, but 245 would be too narrow on a 9.5 rim, try 275/40/19 which I think others on here are running

Im running 255/45/19 which are load rated at 104, so above the 103 minimum for a T32.

My rims are narrower though at 9J

Hi ...I have a T32 too and seem to hitting my head against a wall trying to source 19" alloys and tyres. I like the radi8 r8s5 in dark mist but I cannot find out what load rating they are....I also like the Veeman V-FS27R in gloss graphite, but again cannot find the load rating....would 19x9.5 fit on the front and rear with 245/40/19,s as I'm not to keen on the staggered look?

View attachment 9108

View attachment 9109

The Radi8 wheels are only 690kg according to Demon Tweeks pal.

Thank you all for the responses.....seems like I'm searching for the holy grail....or go for banded steels!

If I go for a 19x8.5 on the front and 19x9.5 on the rear does anyone know what would be the best tyre size...and anyone have any suggestions on a brand.?....

I've got 8.5 front ET35, 10" rear ET40 running 245/45 and 275/40 tyres respectively. Khumo Le Sport Ku39 load rated tyres (I think 102 Fr, 105 Rr from memory)

As @Walski above ,but again you can not get a 245/255/45/19 tyre with a 103 r or above . so again no good for a T32 :(

@DaveyB have you got a picture you could post of how your sportlines look please? I am running 20's, but may go to 18"'s as I'm thinking of getting a caravan and I don't want to put too much strain on the gearbox. Thanks.

@DaveyB have you got a picture you could post of how your sportlines look please? I am running 20's, but may go to 18"'s as I'm thinking of getting a caravan and I don't want to put too much strain on the gearbox. Thanks.
Hi @gmaster, take a look at page 1 of the "operation B14 has commenced" there are a number of pictures on there which will hopefully give you the views you seek.
Here is a link to help;
Operation B14 has commenced

Hi folks.
Bit of a novice question but advice gratefully received.
Driving a T30 on the delivery 16 inch alloys.
Have tried fitting a wheel lock using a receiving nut into one of the wheel nut holes.
It doesn't fit as the receiver nut I've been supplied with is 12 mm..... am I correct in assuming the standard wheel nut would be 15 mm?
Thanks

I can put a definitive cap on this right so basically the load rating for a t32 with my van being 3200KG needs to be bare minimum 100Y thats the print on the tyre although what I have discovered is the MOT Centre may fail the van at that load rating so its sensible to go up to a 103Y load rated tyre which gives the van tyre a 3400KG load rating.
This would then allow for a bit of weight in the rear of the vehicle and the MOT Test centre can't moan and complain.
Apparently there's a grey area whereby the tyres should be van rated tyres and not single ply but until they change the law on it its legal.
No body has ever been arrested over it or given a police notice but people in fiat and other panel vans have been over the years.

The tyre size that looks the best and doesn't look really thick or wide is a 245/45/r19 103Y XL
Thats the tyre profile/load rating/Extra load its called.

A tyre thats like 235/45/19 or 235/40/19 won't be load rated to 103Y the load rating would decrease to like (96Y for example) and would be incorrect or at least to the t32 but in reality you might as well match the tyre load to a t32 as weight goes in the back of these vans in general.

The only problem then is that the tyre is designed for a specific car in my case I've used a Michelin Pilot Sport 4 - which is the best tyre you can buy and Is actually designed
for a Tesla so people then they don't want to sell it to you or say it doesn't exist for a transporter or it could be a Range Rover designed tyre and they can't help you or don't want to as the tyre distributor won't supply the tyre.

This is a modification it can void your MOT and it can Void your insurance so getting it right through the MOT means then that it also validates your insurance even if you tell them later on from getting the work done on the van because its actually legal on ok roads so yeah 245/45/r19.....

I'm not really sure where you've got this information from. A T32 should be fitted with a 103 rated tyre as a minimum.

Fitting higher rated tyres does not increase the permissible gross weight of the vehicle, so who told you that a 103 tyre would increase the vans load rating to 3400KG?.

It's very simple, you take the highest maximum axle loading from the vehicles weight sticker, divide this by two and ensure that each wheel and tyre is rated to that figure.

Reactions: .50
I'm not really sure where you've got this information from. A T32 should be fitted with a 103 rated tyre as a minimum.

Fitting higher rated tyres does not increase the permissible gross weight of the vehicle, so who told you that a 103 tyre would increase the vans load rating to 3400KG?.

It's very simple, you take the highest maximum axle loading from the vehicles weight sticker, divide this by two and ensure that each wheel and tyre is rated to that figure.
Understand what your saying but who cares once your into the realms of a van you need an extra load tyre in general I have said in the same message that a 100y would be perfectly load rated for a t32 weighing 3200kg.

But if you put a weight set in the boot of a load of weight plates for example that weigh a few hundred kilos then its nice to have it load rated to a bit more like a 103y tyre that brings it up to 3400kg and the MOT centre will check that and be happy about it.

Your not even supposed to put alloys and a single ply tyre on its supposed to be a wired tyre based of what the originals are its a Conti heavily wired tyre on a 17 inch highline wheel.

To get the load rated tyre over a 99y it jumps up to a 245/45/19 tyre profile which just so happens to be perfect and looks nice on a van and is a 103y.

if you check that out you can see its a Michelin tyre designed for a Tesla looks like a nice fitment that wheel is an 8j the alloys I've bought are 8.5j so the tyre will be stretched a slight bit more.

Also I've selected 19inch Wheels as I believe its perfect fitment on a Transporter/van of that size once you go up to a 20 inch rim the wheel has to be wider like at least 9.5j - 11j meaning that the tyres cost more and it has a higher rolling mass of 5kg per wheel 20kg weight plate difference over 4 wheels.

Just stupid really I want the wheels to look good and be sporty the wider they are the worse they are in cold weather as they're would be an even bigger sliding mass in relation to rally cars the wheels are always slim as you get more grip that way so in my eyes 18inch which don't look as good as a 19inch in 8.5j would be the ultimate wheel and tyre combo with a 245/45/r19 Michelin pilot sport tyre.

Me personally I have seen lots of VW vans with 20inch rims or larger and really wide tyres and I think it looks shit cost loads of money to change if you want the best tyres so there's no way im doing that just so I can look like a fool with wheels to big for the van.

Im all about max grip/max performance/best price + least slide if that ever happens. So bearing in mind those factors it must be true.

Either an 18inch rim or a 19inch rim in 8.5j with a pilot sport tyre that is 245/45/19 is the best setup you can have for it ............

Yes in my eyes this looks perfect laced with a 19inch wheel. The only thing I would say is that its a standard VW wheel which probably won't be as light as some of the bespoke alloy wheel cutters and the finish of the wheel won't be as precise and will need more balancing than other aftermarket sets but even still is a nicely done job.

I am using 1form alloys (Edition 4) cut bespoke in Kent uk manufacturer they are load rated to 875KG or a figure similar which works with a t32 they are mono block poured aluminium so should last a long time they're not flow formed which even if you can get in the right load rating I wouldn't advise as any damage could cause a rip or breakage of the alloy rim and is un repairable.

To the best of my knowledge the wheels in this picture or any rims standard form VW are cast then covered in a plastic like glaze to hide imperfections and then painted over on the front face I know that because someone damaged my wheel on a VW polo years ago and it had a thick plastic layer on before the metal underneath was gouged out.

But hey if VW can save money and the wheel looks good they will do, Although the wheel will never glide like a bespoke precision set thats been cut on a water jet on the front face there still the right size at a 19inch dimension this is why all the VW standard wheels are silver with round edges not sharp if you ever noticed.

Back