Anyone else feel the same ...

Scot

T6 Pro
Am I the only one who's getting really pissed off with driving with constantly checking the info on display panel regarding MPG, Engine Management Lights, EGR problems, Ad-Blue issues etc etc?.
Certainly takes the enjoyment out of driving for me.
Sorry, this mornings rant now over.
Scot

Am I the only one who's getting really pissed off with driving with constantly checking the info on display panel regarding MPG, Engine Management Lights, EGR problems, Ad-Blue issues etc etc?.
Scot
Why don't you just scroll through to just show the radio channel, then the MPG etc won't stress you out :whistle:
Or just stick something over it...:p:thumbsup:

I always change mine to the radio channel.... the rate at which the fuel needle moves then starts to catch your eye instead :laugh:

Scot
If your out of warranty ...take out the basic road side recovery ..so you can chill Knowing if all else fail’s you’ve got a backup plan....
Prior to my van ..I had crap fuel economy egr/dpf fat expensive tyres on an X3 M sport so from driving one brick to another. the T6 is so much more fun and cost less to run ....

Sorry, this isn’t going to help, but no, we just get in the van, it does it’s stuff, and we get out again.
No issues in all the time we have had it, other than at a dealer :rolleyes:
mpg is good too, for a 2.5 tonne vehicle.

Peter

Why don't you just scroll through to just show the radio channel, then the MPG etc won't stress you out :whistle:
Or just stick something over it...:p:thumbsup:
Hi,
Nothing at all to do with showing the radio channels etc, It's just that all we seem to hear now is someone having problems and you know sooner or later it's heading straight to your own van.

Hi,
Nothing at all to do with showing the radio channels etc, It's just that all we seem to hear now is someone having problems and you know sooner or later it's heading straight to your own van.
If you consider that thousands of these van‘s have been made and you may only really see that 2/3 % go wrong ( there are many grumbles about the standard of service ) fitters rather than mechanics tend to work on diagnostics not experience and can make mistakes which we all hear about.....which amplify’s the faults you read about....so is it all bad.....you have the power to choose if not happy to complain and there are many different agencies that will help ...don’t let what if’s get you down :)

If you consider that thousands of these van‘s have been made and you may only really see that 2/3 % go wrong ( there are many grumbles about the standard of service ) fitters rather than mechanics tend to work on diagnostics not experience and can make mistakes which we all hear about.....which amplify’s the faults you read about....so is it all bad.....you have the power to choose if not happy to complain and there are many different agencies that will help ...don’t let what if’s get you down :)
That is my point, We mostly hear about the bad/negative sides of things,the complaints and bad news which gives you the worry. Not too many people post about the good side of things and not just on this forum but all forums. It just makes me keep checking the display for faults and problems.
Scot

That is my point, We mostly hear about the bad/negative sides of things,the complaints and bad news which gives you the worry. Not too many people post about the good side of things and not just on this forum but all forums. It just makes me keep checking the display for faults and problems.
Scot
As an idea ...people that post could or should post the outcome and remedies of faults ...so we collectively as members learn whether it’s really the vehicles fault or other influences .....with Knowledge you have Power

Not always scot, lots of positive reviews and happy T6 owners on here... people with dream conversions... people with lots of positive things to say about mods they've done...

Sure, there will be a percentage who encounter problems... same with everything in life.... dont worry about something that hasn't happened and enjoy your van

Never get beaten by a machine, they work for us to not the other way around.
I’ve come across people doing amazing things in really beaten up bangers, it’s not so much the van as what you achieve with it.

To make life feel good....today I drove my van far to fast got better fuel economy than my X3 had much more fun ...yes I could drive sensibly and save fuel...but my smile was from ear to ear ...I love my T6 xxx

Have a good day ....Drive a T6 ..Visit a camp site share a beer and chill.....life’s Sweet. That’s an honest post

Last edited:
I talk to friends with various other cars and vans - I think ours are no different to theirs in terms of EGR / DPF lights and general reliability, in fact they're possibly better. Mate of mine recently had a turbo failure in a 5 month old Ford transit, bits ended up in the engine, with predictable catastrophic results. He's had a new engine and turbo fitted under warranty, but was without his van for 5 weeks. It's a dropside used for a roofing business. they offered him a transit connect as a courtesy van, which was no use to him.
I think we have to accept that emissions related additions to the diesel engine make it more complex and less reliable, regardless of the manufacturer. I doubt my T6 will do 200K miles with nothing more than regular oil changes, like my old 2001 Ford Galaxy tdi did, but my T6 is much less polluting.

My 57 plate Mondeo had 3 new engines and four new turbos, and was off the road for at least 6 months of the 3 years I had it

Back