Anyone able to help me out with mib2 update?

bobnudd

T6 Pro
Hey all, my infotainment unit(technisat mib2) in the b8 passat won't get past the welcome to vw screen after update.
Is it bricked? Or is it salvageable? had a look on YouTube but the only video remotely close is in Polish! Looking to sell it soon so not ideal thanks

I have a similar problem; after an apparently successful update mine is now stuck on a kind of update screen.
Tried soft update - hold power button in for 10 seconds, disconnected unit, disconnected battery - all had no effect.
Someone on this forum with greater knowledge than us may offer some suggestions......

I hope someone on here has greater knowledge than me about stuff like this.
I'm more accustomed to the kind of radio you'd find in an early bay, or a late 60s beetle :confused:

There appears to be a way to force an emergency update of firmware but it's a bit involved as you need to connect a serial monitor to the system and short a specific set of contacts to enable a menu over that connection:

So likely salvageable but not unless you have time and kit used for talking to microcontrollers.

Others might know of a simpler route, possibly @Robert or @mmi ?

A bit of an update from me;
I suspected that my screen was starting to fail so bit the bullet and ordered a new one from siansmobiles on Ebay (£30.00 including next day delivery)
Spent about 1.5 hours yesterday pulling unit to pieces and installing new screen all the while thinking I'd wasted thirty quid but hey ho nothing new for me :rolleyes:
Re-installed unit, held breath and reconnected power and hey presto!
Seems like the top right hand corner of my old screen had been preventing me from escaping the "software update success" screen....
Hope this helps someone
Darryl

Back