Anyone’s Ply Panels Warped?! Disfigured?!

CALLAKN

Electrician / Linesman
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Guys, local converter is saying the ply panels will warp when in heat during summer months. Especially with me having a black van.., I've bought the ply now from eBay, it’ll cost me to send back... is it actually better than the standard kombi panels ?! He’s saying he uses them... he has a good reputation too!

DISCUSSION - COMMENCE

I carpeted my hard boards ones. Purely because i had never done anthing like that before and wanted to learn on them rather than expensive ply ones. Never seen them warp in all the hot weather we had this summer ! The down sides are they do not go all the way down to the floor behind the wheel arch. I am also now going to put some coax speaker's in them and i am going to have to beef them up as its not really strong enough. They would also not be very sturdy if some thing heavy fell on them. I have used hidden fixings that i am sure will give if anything expands. If you have already bought them i would personally use them.

Ply wood all around in the rear of the last 2x vans..

Both professional fitted from new.

Never had any issues with warping or anything myself.

Keep the opinions coming ! He just straight up went why are you using ply? The kombi panels are sufficient..

The more that say they didn’t have a problem the more likely I’ll go with and keep the ply

Look at the big names in converters - Absolut5, Slidepods etc etc. Sure they have done hundreds of vans, would be safe to go with what they are using

Ply gets used in all sorts of construction including houses, much warmer than a van.

Back