Anybody Else Think Their Knob Is Too Small?

What? Do you get it?
Yes, it’s a lame-ish joke that actually got funnier because it fell flat. “Knob” is a slang term for “penis”….so he freshens his in the shower. The joke is at the thread title, not you!

Having changed my steering wheel on my startline for a nice leather version, I began looking for a new gearknob to replace the plastic one. New ones are £120 ish from VW so I was watching one on ebay that was obviously worn and when the seller offered it for £12 with the gaiter & fixing bolt I thought why not! I'd try one of those leather refurbishment kits to hopefully get it looking better.

Anyway, I got a kit from nuerapro on Ebay. They sell a 50ml steering wheel kit with cleaner, dye and top coat for 10.99 but found if you remove the conditioning cream from the 100ml kit this is only 14.99 so went with that. They sell a range of colours.

Just thought I'd post in case anyone needs to tidy up their leather - I have about 98ml (black) left if anyone local needs to borrow the kit!

Thanks for this, I was looking for a replacement knob as mine was very worn but used this kit to refurb my existing one, looks great now!

I might do the steering wheel itself next...

Reminds me of when I was working and one of the guys used to cycle into work most days - the standing joke was that you could see his purple helmet coming around the corner before the rest of him.
On that note, I suspect it's time to shut this one down.

How to tell when “Steak and BJ Day”, Valentine’s Day has passed….folk look to improve/replace/upgrade their knob!

Back