Anybody Else Think Their Knob Is Too Small?

JaySal

T6 Pro
Before some get excited...GEAR KNOBS! I've got the cheap plastic gear knob with the black embeded clip, I've asked Pauly about a leather one but the ones I've seen are still small. In my local dealership there is a kombi with a 'Gucci' leather one but when I've asked the parts department he's come back with a quote of £264 :eek:

This surely cant be right, anyhow I figure some out there my not be content either and come up with a better solution. Request for pics and/or solutions please. .....and keep it clean :cautious:

If you can send me the reg of the one in the showroom and I can look it up again and see if it matches what I sent you ??

Thanks Pauly, WV1ZZZ7HZ JH097158 is the chassis number but the plate isnt shown in the showroom. Is that o.k?

As title, I’m looking for inspiration for a replacement knob. I’ll be changing the leather gaitor to the gti fabric to match the rest of the upholstery but thought I’d change the gear knob too.

So….let’s see them..

Oh, if anyone has changed the original gaitors from the factory leather, show me them too. I’m hoping the replacement one doesn’t look baggy and, well, shit…

Knob refresh, anyone?

Having changed my steering wheel on my startline for a nice leather version, I began looking for a new gearknob to replace the plastic one. New ones are £120 ish from VW so I was watching one on ebay that was obviously worn and when the seller offered it for £12 with the gaiter & fixing bolt I thought why not! I'd try one of those leather refurbishment kits to hopefully get it looking better.

Anyway, I got a kit from nuerapro on Ebay. They sell a 50ml steering wheel kit with cleaner, dye and top coat for 10.99 but found if you remove the conditioning cream from the 100ml kit this is only 14.99 so went with that. They sell a range of colours.

Really pleased with the results and will post the before and after pictures shortly (from my phone).

Just thought I'd post in case anyone needs to tidy up their leather - I have about 98ml (black) left if anyone local needs to borrow the kit!

I don’t get your response too my post?
The previous owner had sandpaper hands .
“I just have a shower”

Back