Any problems with Pendle remap for 150PS?

Mr Hero

VIP Member
Hi all. I got my T6 150bhp remapped by Pendle as they did my T5.1 and I had no problems/ great improvement. I found that my T6 was it consistently going through regened around town and the DPF warning light was coming on. I do most of my miles on the motorway so it wasn't that my journeys were short. I have gone for a forced regen a couple of times last year and I don't think this improved things. More worryingly, when I got the T6 serviced, they found a lot of water in the sump and I was recommended that it might be the remap. I have taken it off for now and in the last 2 months, I have not had either the DPF or region system coming on around town. My oil level has all not increased so please about this. I am still pining for a bit more poke but worried about putting the remap back on. has anyone else had similar problems? Could there be another reason for the above? Please note this is not an anti-Pendle post. Just trying to understand. thanks for your feedback/ comments. PS. what's the difference between Pendle and Revo? cheers Rob

Had a Pendle remap on my 150 for approx last 18k miles.
Only issue I had was a little too much torque going into the drivetrain so had them dial this back slightly.
I cannot understand how a remap can be a factor in having water in your sump - is your dealer arguing that the remap has led to blocked breathers, blown gasket or some other cause of a water leak?
What has been happening to your coolant level?

Hi YellowHound thanks for your reply. I had a separate Adblu issue (my fault) so i had the remap taken off as the vehicle is still in warranty for another few months so the dealer is not aware of both the issue or remap. The independent garage I take the van thought there may be a connection possibly with the regular regen. I know that although it has less acceleration, it cruises better on the motorway (I can get it into 6th at 60-65 at 1800rpm) Coolant level is nice and steady and the van's done less than 50K. I'm just keeping an eye on the oil level. I'm generally curious as my old T4 was also remapped and had no issues as well (not Pendle though). its all a bit confusing but not having the fan kick in with the 'plastic smell' when I stop is a welcome change

As soon as the dealer plugs it into the mothership, they'll know you've had a remap done, the ecu has a counter for that sort of thing.

I have a revo on mine, it feels oem+

I can use 6th gear before 60 too? It pulls cleanly from low down, I've never done a speed check in 6th but I'd say I'm in 6th at around 50 no problems at all.

Thanks Redun for your input. I know that a Revo remap can’t be removed once put in (and cost about £100 more)

just an update. I had my battery replaced under warranty and the VW assist technician who can out was very helpful. We talked about a few things T6 and he mentioned that there is a large amount of Leighton van which require new engines due to water in no3 port...he was intimating that they all had remaps which cant be detected but said it was just at Leighton’s....very weird!

anyone had problems with a Leighton remap (again this is not negative towards Leighton- very good after service)

cheers
Rob

I shall watch with interest as I had my 150 mapped last week at Pendle.
May I ask how you take the Pendle map off and then back on again, do you do this yourself or return the truck to Pendle?

Just to clarify this point. A REVO map can be taken off and flashed back to factory standard by a REVO dealer. We do it all the time for customer dealer visits.

Hi Oli. Thanks for the clarification. Would you recommend a Revo against Pendle and what are the differences?

The VW Assist technician was pointing out a strange 'statistic' re number of vans that needed new engines from ex Leighton vans as against other vans around the country. As this thread shows, there seems to be no problems with Pendle remaps elsewhere (or even at Leighton potentially). I'm trying to assess the situation as I do want some more power to my T6 but at present I'm on factory 150bhp with no remap.

cheers

Rob

I am a REVO dealer so this is my recommend. I’ve been tuning cars and vans my whole life and always used REVO on a personal basis. I find their maps a lot smoother and more OEM. Customer service is faultless too

Just to clarify this point. A REVO map can be taken off and flashed back to factory standard by a REVO dealer. We do it all the time for customer dealer visits.
I've been putting off a remap on my 150PS manual until the warranty expires BUT if I had it done now and then reflashed back to OEM would VW be able to tell when they plugged it in?

I have a revo on mine, it feels oem+

I can use 6th gear before 60 too? It pulls cleanly from low down, I've never done a speed check in 6th but I'd say I'm in 6th at around 50 no problems at all.
Didn’t know you had a remap?!

I've been putting off a remap on my 150PS manual until the warranty expires BUT if I had it done now and then reflashed back to OEM would VW be able to tell when they plugged it in?

The flash counter goes up every time you have either a re-map or stock flash -anytime you change something from factory spec you risk loosing the warranty on that part. We’ve had lots of vehicles into the dealers, flashed back to standard, and they’ve never been picked up on. We even had an engine failure due to the EGR, new engine fitted and no problem.

The risk is always there and we advise as such.

Thanks Redun for your input. I know that a Revo remap can’t be removed once put in (and cost about £100 more)

just an update. I had my battery replaced under warranty and the VW assist technician who can out was very helpful. We talked about a few things T6 and he mentioned that there is a large amount of Leighton van which require new engines due to water in no3 port...he was intimating that they all had remaps which cant be detected but said it was just at Leighton’s....very weird!

anyone had problems with a Leighton remap (again this is not negative towards Leighton- very good after service)

cheers
Rob

How can revo remap not be removed ??? I have run pendle & revo on my present van . Pretty sure both could be set back to standard .
very little difference in performance IMOP , revo are easier to access logistically for me .

The flash counter goes up every time you have either a re-map or stock flash -anytime you change something from factory spec you risk loosing the warranty on that part. We’ve had lots of vehicles into the dealers, flashed back to standard, and they’ve never been picked up on. We even had an engine failure due to the EGR, new engine fitted and no problem.

The risk is always there and we advise as such.
Hi, we have a 102bhp euro 5, do revo do remaps for the euro 5 ? Thanks

Back