Any general phone techs?

sliders are the nuts....especially when washing the van in the summer....you love my sliders .....don't deny it....better than walking shoes :whistle:

Feet in general, and anything to do with feet is just plain wrong.

How has this thread gone sooooo off topic.

I've never understood the iPhone/Samsung thing. Mine is a £50 Leagoo from Banggood in China.
It has an 8-core processor, 64 gigs of internal storage, 4G, a 4Ah battery that lasts days and a brilliant display.
It does all my Carista, VictronConnect (solar), my leisure & starter battery states, monitors humidity and temperature inside the van, I watch Netflix and have all the music there is via Spotify. I can control all my home automation stuff from anywhere, its my satnav, my camera and it interfaces to my multimeter for logging and remote monitoring. I have an EE 'Solo' contract which costs me £10 per month with unlimited 4G and more free calls & texts than I could fit into a month.
If I drop it down the stairs or if I lose it, I lost £50.
So the question is, how would my life be improved by spending £750 more, on an iPhone or a Samsung? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the iphone X is my last iphone, been doing some research and think Im going to go for a Huawei Mate 20 Pro. Pretty much smashes every phone out there and would finally let me see what all the android fuss it about.

I have been one of the stupid people who have gone Apple for phone and laptop. I use an iPad for work and everything syncs together perfectly. The thing is I'm really bored with the iPhone. Going back 10 years it was a great excitement to get a new phone and I'd spend days playing with it and working out all the new things it would do.
I've had iPhones since 2011 and every upgrade is the same phone, maybe better camera but my iPhone 8 is exactly the same as my original iPhone 3 apart from size etc.
I'm seriously thinking of getting something different next and I do like the Huawei, its a smart looking phone, the problem is, I would missing all the syncing of notes, documents and photo's which I get with Apple.
Thats how they suck us in, the product is not great but the convenience is a hard thing to break.

I have been one of the stupid people who have gone Apple for phone and laptop. I use an iPad for work and everything syncs together perfectly. The thing is I'm really bored with the iPhone. Going back 10 years it was a great excitement to get a new phone and I'd spend days playing with it and working out all the new things it would do.
I've had iPhones since 2011 and every upgrade is the same phone, maybe better camera but my iPhone 8 is exactly the same as my original iPhone 3 apart from size etc.
I'm seriously thinking of getting something different next and I do like the Huawei, its a smart looking phone, the problem is, I would missing all the syncing of notes, documents and photo's which I get with Apple.
Thats how they suck us in, the product is not great but the convenience is a hard thing to break.

If it's any consolation, as much as I love my Samsung S9, it's no real leap from the 6, 7, or 8.

I think the phone market is changing.
People are not stupid, and fast loosing interest in the latest hype and the insane prices companies like Apple and Samsung are demanding for new handsets, hence the fast rise of some of the lesser 'trendy' brands.

Just like UK supermarkets, the big boys are getting complacent with their core loyal fans, and these customers are slowly starting to look elsewhere for that 'new' gadget buzz.

My kids (28-35 )and their mates all have One Plus phones. They cost just over half the equivalent IPhone/ Samsung and they reckon they are far superior.

I’ve been an Apple sucker for years and the only thing stopping me from changing is the hassle of a new phone format.
The iPhone is a lazy persons phone.
I might just try a One Plus.. one day

Check out the Mate 20 Pro - ace phone

Watch out that the Chinese Gov’t is not snooping on you if go the Huawei route!?
:cautious:

Back