Any general phone techs?

I hope there phones are better than there other electrical products as my Blu Ray player packed up after 2 years and the TV that I also brought at the same time died 3 months after its 5 year guarantee finished. Bloody typical, do they set a countdown timer in these things ?

I hope there phones are better than there other electrical products as my Blu Ray player packed up after 2 years and the TV that I also brought at the same time died 3 months after its 5 year guarantee finished. bloomin typical, do they set a countdown timer in these things ?

I don't have anything else Samsung, other than a tablet which is faultless.
My neighbour used to own a TV rental and repair shop, and he always rates Sony or Panasonic TVs, so i've always had Sony, and made a point of buying from John Lewis for obvious warranty reasons, and never had any issues with my Sony stuff.
I agree though, there are a lot of products that seem to pack up once out of guarantee, but I find appliances move forward in technology faster than the warranties anyway.

Last edited:
Funnily enough they were brought from John Lewis and did call them but obviously they said “sorry sir it’s now out of warranty”

@Tourershine How's the S9? Worth it?

Awesome mate.
I went for the S9 plus, and the camera is stonking.
Could I justify the cost of the phone if it wasn't one of my contracts that were up for renewal? No, it's daft money to buy outright, but as an upgrade it's worth the extra £10 a month I pay on my current contracts.

Also, could I justify changing from the S8, to the S9 if I didn't have a crack on my S8? Again, no. The S9 is an amazing bit of tech, but it's not leaps forward from the S8 in tech, and no different in looks.
If you are due an upgrade, and they are offering you the S9, then hell yes go for it, but if you are thinking of paying nearly £900 for it, then i'd go for the S8 at a much lower price, and pretty much the same tech, apart from the camera, and a daft AR Emoji that looks nothing like me as you can see, this chap is far better looking.

MyEmoji_180310_170542_7.gif

Sorry, I didn't realise it was going to actually do the whole animation thing.

That's annoying, and i'm not going to live this one down for some time am I...

Sorry, I didn't realise it was going to actually do the whole animation thing.

That's annoying, and i'm not going to live this one down for some time am I...
I'm not up for renewal so shall wait a bit longer. I was going to sell my work and personal phone (S8 personal) and get a dual SIM S9. I shall wait a tad longer and see what else crops up. The S8, dispite being a year old is still an awesome phone.
As for the emoji guy.....I've kept note for a later date.

I'm not up for renewal so shall wait a bit longer. I was going to sell my work and personal phone (S8 personal) and get a dual SIM S9. I shall wait a tad longer and see what else crops up. The S8, dispite being a year old is still an awesome phone.
As for the emoji guy.....I've kept note for a later date.

Samsung are now selling the Hybrid dual sim in the UK, which I think is a great idea for those that have 2 phones like you, and local drug dealers, but as you say, the S8 is a really nice phone, and not a giant leap from the S9, so maybe not quite worth the jump.

Well I'm of an age where flexing with a new iphone down the ale house is not an issue for me, however it's thru teary eyes that I write this.
I have owned an iPhone since the 3g arrived and been a loyal apple owner without complaint,till they bought out the iPhone x.which was unready for release(no fingerprint sensor).parts bought from rival company ( Samsung oled)then have the balls to charge well over 1k,made me spit the dummy big-time..seriously guys! I mean come on.
Did my research an plumbed for a one plus 5t..more kit for more than half the price.. seriously good phone.an I don't even care if I drop it..happy days

Not a resurrection of any issues, just a chuckle to myself reading back through this whole thread.

You lot pick on me, and i'm actually a really decent guy :thumbsup:

On that subject, where's @PukkaT6? You've been uncharacteristically quiet of late. I miss your banter, and digs. :(

Im here, just had no life for a while whilst I attempt world domination ha

Ah there you are. I thought you'd purchased a Transit and left us, but it seems you were doing something far less risky :eek:

Welcome back into the fold.

Back