Any general phone techs?

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Master
I wonder if there are any phone techs that can tell me what is wrong with my Samsung S8?

This warning comes up several times a day, and has been for the last few weeks. I keep closing the App, but it still comes up. I've tried to search this issue, but cannot pinpoint what the actual problem is if anyone knows?

Screenshot_20180219-214325.png

I have an S8 but have not experienced this.

Stupid question but have you been into settings - device maintenance - optimise performance.
This fixed one of my issues a few weeks ago.

I have an S8 but have not experienced this.

Stupid question but have you been into settings - device maintenance - optimise performance.
This fixed one of my issues a few weeks ago.

I've owned the phone since the S8 UK release date and it's been faultless till now. Yes i've tried all the obvious things and there are several threads on different forums with dozens of people experiencing this exact issue, but still no resolve.
The S9 will be out shortly, and I will end up buying that straight away, but it's still a little frustrating getting this constant message several times a day.
Oh and the phone performance is still fine.

Can you kill off the background apps and free up resources?

Can you kill off the background apps and free up resources?

When you run a maintenance sweep on the S8, it closes down everything in the background anyway. Even with everything put to sleep, the message will pop up.
I've removed everything that's not essential, no difference.

lets be honest Samsungs may do the odd thing better but when it come to a proper functioning reliable phone there is only one winner.

He says whilst on his Mac ha

I won't lie, the MacBook is by far the best laptop on the market. Switch on and just use. Never stops, never crashes, and never causes any issues for me at all. The phones on the other hand are a different matter. iPhones are often several steps behind Samsung, but yet when they actually catch up, they have this big speech on how they invented it. You are restricted with the apps you can use, and I use Showbox loads. If they go wrong the store will tell you that you have to make an appointment, Samsung don't. The chargers don't last 5 minutes, and any aftermarket ones are either broken when you buy them, or Apple block them. The store always smells funny, Samsung smells like freshly cut grass and Bacon cooking.

But with Samsung you are the beta testers, that’s why you have the tech so fast, when we get it it’s reliable...

Its only outdated if it doesn’t do something you need.

Last edited:
always been curious about what a Samsung can do that a iphone cant.

I wouldnt know what the apple shop smells like as after 10 years of owning iphones Im yet to go to one ;)

1. Save everything you care about (send contacts to SIM)
  2. Save passwords etc (write it down)
  3. Factory reset (delete everything when asked)!
  4. Install Apps that you actually need (only) - gumtree is a known problem..
  5. Tell Google Apps to only update with your approval.
  6. Slowly add other (desirable) Apps, and monitor.
You'll feel like you have a brand new Phone.

I have a Android and a Iphone for work - IMHO,,,, I prefer the Android... (Ducks from the Iphone brigade backlash..)

Last edited:
Back