Any Experiences Good Or Bad From Shell Island (wales)

Trunkey

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I holidayed there many times a s a child with happy memories has any one a more recent experience to share?
Or an alternative with beach access that is dog friendly (Including dogs on beach) in north Wales

I'm also interested in any recent experience of Mochras (Shell Island), especially with a T6 size campervan. Last time we camped there was about 25-30 years ago! We did look at giving it another try earlier last year but some of the reviews put us off.

Many happy memories of family holidays camping when I was very young. Would love to go back.
Hence I'm watching this thread with interest.

Not had a recent stop over visit to Shell Island but have visited there recently. Not a good experience if im honest. No real reason but some of the people we saw staying there you wouldnt want to leave your van unlocked......i used to spend 6 weeks a year there as a kid so loved the place.
If you like the area then try Parc Isaf near Dyffryn...its a small site, really clean, not too busy unless its the main weeks and the owners are a farming family who look after the site.

So it looks like letting my childhood memories of a much more gentle Shell Island remaining just memories!
Thanks for the observations.

Back