Annoying rattle/knock

CarpyT6

Team Reflex Silver
T6 Guru
Hi all, i seem to have a very annoying rattle or knock coming from either the hand brake or double passenger seat. Only when reversing off my drive and accelerating, occasionally over bumps. It sounds like metal on metal, almost like a coin has been dropped and rolls back and forth hitting something. I have taken the seat plastics off the driver side to rule that out. I know its pretty tricky to diagnose but does anyone have an idea idea what could cause this or has had something similar, it drives me nuts !!

i keep mine with the jack under the passenger seat but bubble wrapped them the towing eye is big and heavy you cant miss it

i keep mine with the jack under the passenger seat but bubble wrapped them the towing eye is big and heavy you cant miss it
Oh ok cheers, I've taken my jack out last week i case it was that, but still getting the noise. I will heck the towing eye is still with it tho...cheers

please let us know what you find .... but the eye rocks or try reverse with your seat open lol good luck

Will do, the only way i can replicate the noise is if i let they hand brake off and give it a gentle pull and let it go without pressing the button in. It sounds like the handbrake dropping down and making a clunk....strange

So, after removing almost every panel, mud flaps, door cards, arm rests, glove box, rear seats, jack and spending many hours hunting the b*****d rattle down I've finally solved it....it was a little plastic thing that was covering a thread from a screw poking upwards into the cab floor underneath the drivers seat ( not sure what that screw is doing mind). As it wasnt clipped on properly it was having a kind of see saw affect when cornering or breaking hard which resulted in it knocking against the metal floor and causing said knock/rattle. Pushed back on with a click and voila. No more infuriating rattle, i even stuck it down with blu tac to stop it working free again.

Maybe this will help someone in the future

:)

great news and well done on the investigation lol im sure someone will benefit from you experience is why i passed on the towing eye thump i was getting . happy days ha ha

So, after removing almost every panel, mud flaps, door cards, arm rests, glove box, rear seats, jack and spending many hours hunting the b*****d rattle down I've finally solved it....it was a little plastic thing that was covering a thread from a screw poking upwards into the cab floor underneath the drivers seat ( not sure what that screw is doing mind). As it wasnt clipped on properly it was having a kind of see saw affect when cornering or breaking hard which resulted in it knocking against the metal floor and causing said knock/rattle. Pushed back on with a click and voila. No more infuriating rattle, i even stuck it down with blu tac to stop it working free again.

Maybe this will help someone in the future

:)

Just thought i would update this post, the green clip circled in red is what was rattling/knocking before

20201204_053123.jpg

Wow, well done on finding it! I wouldn’t have suspected such a small thing

Back