Andy Car Bodywork - CP removal

Not really as he only works on the unit if you can provide evidence of receipt for the unit unlike hundreds offering the service on eBay etc
I’d think the people who steal them already may have all the kit to do this in any event unfortunately

Not really as he only works on the unit if you can provide evidence of receipt for the unit unlike hundreds offering the service on eBay etc
I’d think the people who steal them already may have all the kit to do this in any event unfortunately
Hmmm! If I didn’t have a receipt, might a couple of nicely folded tenners do instead?!!!

*The cynic in me is strong!

Interesting conclusion.
I don't steal but ...

Reactions: mmi
If there is a market somebody will set up and take the money, legit’ or otherwise.

Reactions: JOG
Exactly Dxx
I put this guys details on as when I asked the question if component protection can be removed i got a few messages back saying no it couldn’t I’m thinking if you don’t know for sure don’t comment as I nearly sent the unit back for a refund

Exactly Dxx
I put this guys details on as when I asked the question if component protection can be removed i got a few messages back saying no it couldn’t I’m thinking if you don’t know for sure don’t comment as I nearly sent the unit back for a refund
Hi,

Do you still have contact details for this person? I have the same issue with my unit.

thanks

Hello, maybe not the right topic for this question but maybe i can get a quick answer . I own a 2018 T6 and looking on retrofitting a discover media with NAV .Before i can buy the unit i mounted it for test purpose on the car and of course CP was on the screen ( this is as expected ). The only odd thing is that the touch display is blocked - nothing can be accesed via the touch display . Now my question is if this is normal for a CP on Unit that the display does not respond to any touch gestures .Not even in the greenmenu , not even in the test display HMI .(my fear is that the unit display is busted and if i buy it and remove CP the behavior will be the same - i know for a fact that some menus are not available , volume cannot be adjusted but i have never come across a CP acting like this) Any thoughts are welcomed .5C0035680D

mib2JPG.JPG

The functions should be restricted but if the screen doesn't work the digitiser is possibly dead meaning you would need a new screen

Thank you for the quick answer . So removing CP will not enable the touchscreen back ? I really searched and I could not find any reference that CP will lock 100% the touch capabilities on any device not only on MIB2.Just wanted to know if any of the colleagues having CP during a retrofit have encountered this behaviour.

For anything Discovery Media related Andy is your man: Vw Sat Nav DAB+ FM Bluetooth Sd A2dp Cd Mp3 Player Mk6 Golf Caddy T5.1 T6 Apple carplay Android autoVw Sat Nav DAB+ FM Bluetooth Sd A2dp Cd Mp3 Player Mk6 Golf Caddy T5.1 T6 Apple carplay Android auto fit and supply of Vw Sat Nav DAB+ FM Bluetooth SD A2dp Cd Mp3 Player Mk6 Golf Caddy T5.1 T6 Apple carplay Android auto. He does software, repairs, screen replacements. Based Emley, West Yorkshire. Clean professional job, great guy to deal with. Even let me have the connector from his Van while he ordered a replacement just to make my Christmas! Top Man.

Hello, maybe not the right topic for this question but maybe i can get a quick answer . I own a 2018 T6 and looking on retrofitting a discover media with NAV .Before i can buy the unit i mounted it for test purpose on the car and of course CP was on the screen ( this is as expected ). The only odd thing is that the touch display is blocked - nothing can be accesed via the touch display . Now my question is if this is normal for a CP on Unit that the display does not respond to any touch gestures .Not even in the greenmenu , not even in the test display HMI .(my fear is that the unit display is busted and if i buy it and remove CP the behavior will be the same - i know for a fact that some menus are not available , volume cannot be adjusted but i have never come across a CP acting like this) Any thoughts are welcomed .5C0035680D

View attachment 166905
Speak with Chris @Dav-Tec .

Back