Android issues

boxer750

VIP Member
T6 Pro
OMG.. age is befuddling me :)

Have a nice new T 6.1 Highline van,,

I don't know if I've just set things up wrong.. but the connection between the phone (motoG6) and the Android in the van, via USB is so variable its laughable.

It has worked with full maps google assist etc quite a few times.. then it just doesn't.. telling me to connect and android device via USB.

Other weird messages too.. although that might be bluetooth issues

If anyone uses Android auto with no issues I would love to hear if they have a set way of starting the connection, because i am wondering if I'm just doing things slightly different on different occasions.

Set up on these systems is usually poke it and try a few things , and see what happens, which might be the problem :)
Happy to delete it off the system if needed and reconnect if someone thinks thats the answer...

Pete

My Android Auto connection has been rubbish recently, phone has been charging but was not recognised by the head unit. Deleted Android Auto app on my Samsung s10+, reinstalled and reconnected on the app. Last two times it has worked ok. Good luck

Are you using the original phone usb cable as i am aware poor qulity cables can cause connection issues.

I have android auto and use the original samsung cable without any issues.

I have also recently installed aawireless in the van, so i no longer need to plug the phone in. The infotainment system picks up the phone wirelessly.It works fine,.

First thing I changed, with no joy unfortunately. Only took a few minutes to determine and reinstall.

I had issues to begin with, notably GPS kept losing signal during nav. Sorted by upping the battery/memory power setting in my phone (Galaxy). So see if your phone has any lower battery power settings that would normally enhance battery life, and change them to increase the power. Battery life less of an issue when the port is charging it.

Otherwise, as you say, play around with any other settings at either end and see what happens.

Back