Amp + Sub Install Standard Head Unit

luke

I got a amp and sub + all the wires I need to connect RCA+blue wire into head unit but can't see where any of this would fit??? iv got a little thing with some wires on in where the rca wires would go but that had wires that come out of it and would no where to put that either??

can anyone help I just want to connect amp so I can connect sub and just have some more bass off the standard head unit??

THANKS!!!

I got a amp and sub + all the wires I need to connect RCA+blue wire into head unit but can't see where any of this would fit??? iv got a little thing with some wires on in where the rca wires would go but that had wires that come out of it and would no where to put that either??

can anyone help I just want to connect amp so I can connect sub and just have some more bass off the standard head unit??

THANKS!!!
There is no RCA output on the head unit. You have to use the output from the speakers. A lot of amps will accept a high level input or if not you can get a box of tricks that will take the speaker output and convert it to a line level output. As for the remote wire, you’ll have to connect that to the ignition or use signal sense to turn your amp on :thumbsup:

THANKS!!!

We can supply a plug and play harness which will give rca output and switch feed

We can supply a plug and play harness which will give rca output and switch feed
Thanks I managed to get hold of one today and install amp and sub, but now I can have speakers as loud as before! if I turn up half way its making a spitting sound? I tried messing with setting on amp but still destorting?? is the amp to powerful for speakers?

Thanks I managed to get hold of one today and install amp and sub, but now I can have speakers as loud as before! if I turn up half way its making a spitting sound? I tried messing with setting on amp but still destorting?? is the amp to powerful for speakers?

Need a bit more info, amp/speaker models, what lead did you purchase etc etc...

I’ve just got an edge 10” sub with built in 7200 amp.
Mine is a 2016 caddy start line with the rcd500 standard headunit.
Can I buy one of these harnesses your talking about. Also do I need to install a second battery to run amp off - I’m new to all this stuff

I’ve just got an edge 10” sub with built in 7200 amp.
Mine is a 2016 caddy start line with the rcd500 standard headunit.
Can I buy one of these harnesses your talking about. Also do I need to install a second battery to run amp off - I’m new to all this stuff

Yes you can

You don’t need to run a second battery unless you want to play it for extended times without the engine running

Back