Amp connection to headunit

Gossa

Got a 'plug and play' speaker and amp kit for my 2018 Highline TSI. There's a lot of the 'plug' bits LOL!

I have fitted the door speakers and tweeters and have the head unit out, but there's a lot left to connect. It's a factory NAV unit, can anyone help me figure out which plugs go where please? The AMP is pretty compact but I'm not sure where I'm positioning it yet. Again, advice appreciated. I don't have any rear speakers or SUB.

Thanks everyone

IMG_5074.JPG

What radio have you got in the van?.

Post a few pics, and some pics from the vans wire plug style back of the radio.

But looks to me like you have a breakout loom,

That enables the amp to sit in-between the radio and van speakers.

Looks like you have the amp power loom to.

More info.

What radio have you got in the van?.

Post a few pics, and some pics from the vans wire plug style back of the radio.

But looks to me like you have a breakout loom,

That enables the amp to sit in-between the radio and van speakers.

Looks like you have the amp power loom to.

More info.

Thanks Del, Got the factory NAV unit.

That amp looks like it should fit behind the lower glove box, it’s a common spot for installing small amps like that.

Did the seller of the kit not include instructions for what connects to what?

That amp looks like it should fit behind the lower glove box, it’s a common spot for installing small amps like that.

Did the seller of the kit not include instructions for what connects to what?
There’s manufacturer instructions but not much help.

Undo all the looms.

Plug in the amp cables,

Then you will see what plugs are left that connect to the van and the radio.

Right…got it all plugged in and it’s working but app connect isn’t working through the factory USB connection in the glove box. Any ideas please? TIA

Looks like it might be the wrong harness as the supplied Connects2 harness (CT10VW03) has no pins where the USB CarPlay interface cable connects via the OEM loom. If I unplug the AMP and new cabling/harness then everyone works. With the aftermarket harness I also have to power on and off the headhunt manually. Have emailed the supplying dealer for a response. Thanks

Back