T6 IN LIMP MODE WITH EML AND GLOW PLUG FLASHING (SOLVED)

Will I am

VIP Member
Hi, I'm having an issue with my van, the EML is on and glow plug light is flashing and i have 2 faults. I removed the boost pressure sensor and it was clogged with soot, I cleaned it but that didn't have any effect so I have one coming on tuesday, but the 2nd fault with the "open circuit message is there as well. Can anyone shed any light on this or point me in the right direction for where to start checking. Cheers

Attachments

• sunday.TXT
    5.2 KB · Views: 12
A bit of a challenge as there is not much information what's the engine in question.

1710063612503.png

Please post
(1) full VCDS Auto-Scan​
(2) engine blockmap data - engine stopped (ignition on)​
(3) engine blockmap data - engine idling​

Ignition ON

VCDS > Applications > Controller Channel Map >

1706641434033.png

Tick/fill boxes as above and hit Go.

VCDS flashes screens for a moment (when finished hit "Done, Go Back") and there will be file blockmap-01-... in folder C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs\....

Meanwhile - the same fault codes on a T6

ignition on

Attachments

• blockmap-01-04L-906-056-KL_WV1ZZZ7HZHH135233-20240310-1031 sunday.CSV
    126.3 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: mmi
engine idling. Cheers

Attachments

• blockmap-01-04L-906-056-KL_WV1ZZZ7HZHH135233-20240310-1038.CSV
    126.4 KB · Views: 3
Thanks - that was quick!

I would start investigating with these below as they are definitely wrong.

The pressure reading should be around 1000 mbar (engine off). The 370 mbar in both indicates more or less sensor is offline (sits at the minmum)
Good thing is VCDS reports also raw voltage seen by ECU - almost none (just some noise on return wire). Would expect to see about 1.0...1.1 Volts.

When the sensor is unplugged you should get 5.00 Volts on the ECU side. On the other hand ECU reports open circuit on the reference voltage circuit thus doesn't see the sensor?

Perhaps just a break in the sensor wiring?

1710069987628.png

Perhaps something useful/related here:

Ok great, thank you for that. Its much appreciated. So there's 2 pressure sensors I can see, one after the MAF sensor after the airbox and 1 on the inlet manifold. do you know which one this is referring to? When I removed the one on the inlet manifold it was full of soot, I cleaned it out but I also have another one on order. Cheers

Similar to my experience. Turned out to be the wiring harness was damaged due to VW’s poor routing and securing. Pieced out and reinsulated.
It’s a known problem that’s been covered on here I believe.

great, cheers
Similar to my experience. Turned out to be the wiring harness was damaged due to VW’s poor routing and securing. Pieced out and reinsulated.
It’s a known problem that’s been covered on here I believe.
thanks for that, do you know where it was damaged? cheers

Back