Amarok 18 alloys straight fit on T6?

Rich76

I've been offered a set of 18 amarok alloys wheels - I know I'll need to change the tyres -.but will they fit straight on to the T6. The guy who had the alloys has a T5 and he said they need spigot rings to make them fit?

If they need spigot rings then I doubt they're OEM VW wheels, could they mean spacers?

Amaroks have the same centre bore as Transporters, so there's likely two possibilities,
1. Seller is wrong about needing spigot rings.
2. Seller is wrong about them being OEM Amarok wheels.
Regardless to the above the tyres will need swapping, usually to 255 45 18 or a close equivalent.

Amaroks have the same centre bore as Transporters, so there's likely two possibilities,
1. Seller is wrong about needing spigot rings.
2. Seller is wrong about them being OEM Amarok wheels.
Regardless to the above the tyres will need swapping, usually to 255 45 18 or a close equivalent.
Thanks. I'm hoping it is number 1!
As I'm 99% they are OEM

I hve just dropped mine at the powdercoaters so i cant go check the back but they look exactly the same. 18inch durban. They should be a straight swap.

Im running 235/50/18 , same bolts as my stock 16's

Ok so now I have collected the alloys
Im be dropping off for tyres.

Do I go 235/45/18 or 235/50/18?

Or won't I notice any difference on either tyre?
Van not lowered yet but planning to do so by 30 or 40mm..

255 45 18 is the 'standard' Transporter size but is up to you, very little difference either way.

The difference in size is small. I went for 235/50/18 just because our roads are bad in South Africa but i could easily go up one or down one. either 45/50/55

I got mine of FB Market place for $100 for the set, plenty of them and maybe not so cheap. They fit great with 235/55R18 104

1711428684386.png

Back