Alpine Headunit screen issue

lukeadams

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Has anyone had any experience with an Alpine Headunit overheating? I’ve recently fitted an X803 and after around 30 minutes of use a patch appears on the headunit screen (attached). I’ve tried using the coolest setting on my dash vents but doesn’t seem to have any effect. I’m worried due to the X303 harness along with MIB adaptor causes no room for the headunit to breath. Any ideas welcome

IMG_1853.jpeg

Looks like the screen is delaminating or theres condensation in there

Strange. It only seems to appear after around 30 mins. Since I’ve fitted the headunit I’ve only used it once per week so whether the headunit has condensation without being used often?

My Kenwood does that and it’s fairly new. Not over heat’s but shows that mark on the screen, I put a few silica bags In The cubby holes and it hasn’t come back since

No, just the ones under the vent blowers near the door and one in the middle on the top of the dash

Has anyone had any experience with an Alpine Headunit overheating? I’ve recently fitted an X803 and after around 30 minutes of use a patch appears on the headunit screen (attached). I’ve tried using the coolest setting on my dash vents but doesn’t seem to have any effect. I’m worried due to the X303 harness along with MIB adaptor causes no room for the headunit to breath. Any ideas welcome

View attachment 219979

That’s condensation, quite common on many vehicles and headunits, as many vehicles are quite damp inside, alot of them hiding wet floors under the carpet due to leaks

pop it out they have a fan, make sure it’s not obstructed

Ok. That’s made me a bit less worried. My older headunit never had any issues like that so presumed this one had a fault of some sort. Appreciate all the advice!

Ok. That’s made me a bit less worried. My older headunit never had any issues like that so presumed this one had a fault of some sort. Appreciate all the advice!
I’ve edited the title to assist others when searching

Back