Alpine HD rear view camera?

Texxaco

T6 T32 204 DSG on SoLow 3H Air remapped to 257PS
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Evening all,

I have a Alpine X802d-u Head unit and find the rear view camera definition to be rubbish hence looking to swap it out with a genuine Alpine camera.

I have searched the forum and the web and come up pretty much where I started, no wiser.

Can anyway help point me in the right direction of a HD rear view camera that is compatible with my Alpine HU?

Cheers all

Pete

If your unit can take coaxial cable based video signal (CVBS) than OEM T6 camera is your best choice.

This is what I have whilst I sound deaden the tailgate.

Seems whoever fitted it has take a feed for the power from one of the LED number plate lights. Surely this isn’t the correct way?

image.jpg

image.jpg

TBH mine's is not great quality either.......i could do with a HD one

TBH mine's is not great quality either.......i could do with a HD one
I drive my wife’s BMW and it puts my reversing camera to shame. It’s like watching an HD tv.

This looks promising @Giannino.

How have you mounted it on your van, can you send a pic over?
In the camera package there are attachments that I did not like aesthetically, so I made the hole in the tailgate with the Dreamel to install the Oem support. However, consider that the Alpine camera is smaller than the original one but I solved the problem by simply putting rubber shims inside the support / cover. What you see from the outside is the OEM placement in the middle of the license plate lights.

Photo for reference:

This is great, thanks @Giannino.

Are the four viewing options you get useful?

I have the HU and agreed the price is steep for a camera.

Nowhere can I find it on offer either. :(

Back