Alpine Firmware failed update (Resolved via Alpine techs)

Texxaco

T6 T32 204 DSG on SoLow 3H Air remapped to 257PS
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Evening all,

I was in the middle of a firmware update on my Alpine X802D-U HU, step one to be exact, when the battery died on me.

Battery problem resolved I now have an issue with the HU, on boot the the screen shows below.

Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

59CAE2C3-0483-43AB-8121-5E26B790C2AD.jpeg

Anyone have any thoughts on the above, constructive thoughts that is?

I have to hand it to you Loz. Over the year or so of following this forum before I sighed on, I became very intrigued with your one liners or even one word answers. I though that they me be some code or comic character because naturally when not logged on, some links or words to the uninitiated, are very puzzling. I can see now what the was once unclear to me. You are indeed a fountain of knowledge.:mexican wave::laugh:

I have to hand it to you Loz. Over the year or so of following this forum before I sighed on, I became very intrigued with your one liners or even one word answers. I though that they me be some code or comic character because naturally when not logged on, some links or words to the uninitiated, are very puzzling. I can see now what the was once unclear to me. You are indeed a fountain of knowledge.:mexican wave::laugh:
Simply a call to the enlightened.

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
Hiya,

I’m being lazy as I can’t find the new thread you started about the Alpine!

Did you manage to get anywhere with Alpine or with folk on the forum?

Regards,

John

Hey @JOG

Nothing sadly, I have been in touch with Alpine and they have asked me to do a few scenarios but I still have a update failed message.

I think the next thing is to send it back to Alpine, Coventry and hope they have fix it.

for my footwell lots installed today though. Plus managed to get my BlackVue DR750X-2CH installed too.

So today hasn’t all been bad news. :thumbsup:

Nice one - did you get all the cables hidden away? I am presuming you hardwired it in?

If you have a van that “gives a bit of welly” are you not worried that they’d grab your dash footage if you got tugged for speeding?

Cables hidden completely. Hardwired in too. It was a job and a half as it was the first time I had taken any trim out.

I would rather the camera deter some light fingered “yoof” from taking a second look than worry about it being used against me. I don’t drive like a looney anymore. All of a sudden, well the past few years,I take it easy and enjoy the ride.

Nice job!

Yep, I just enjoy the ride these days, though it is nice being able to burn off the little f’kers when needed!

One job I did have done was to upgrade the shocks and ARBs - now I can put the van into a corner or roundabout without it behaving like an epileptic armchair mid-seizure!

Excellent, not the easiest job to do. Mine has the original T32 ARB’s on it.

I am not used to having front wheel drive only hence I am wary of hitting turns at speed. I do also know that if my foot is heavy the tyres just give way. Then there is torque steer to add.

It is funny watching other drivers faces when you leave them standing. You just can’t buy that.

Last edited:
T32 ARBs will be fine. VW should just bite he bullet and make them standard!

Yeah that was one the reasons I went with a T32.

Task tomorrow is paintino the brake callipers, wife picked the colour, indium grey with sky blue.

It actually looks really good ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have any thoughts on the above, constructive thoughts that is?

So great news, I got in touch with Alpine and they did all they could remotely via email and phone. Once the options were exhausted I was asked to send my HU to one of their senior techs who was working from home.

Off it went to the tech and the wait started.

This morning I get an email to say great news, we have restored your HU, upgraded it to the latest firmware version and added in the CarPlay that wasn’t there prior to the failed update and the latest version of google maps.

So very impressed with the response of Alpine, absolutely brilliant.

Last edited:
So my Alpine HU arrived back today. I refitted in Floyd but I am damned if I can get Apple CarPlay working.
I have made sure it’s selected as on in the setup/sources menu, used a genuine Apple cable. My phone is an iPhone 11 Max Pro which works in the Audi.
The tech who fixed the HU said he had tested CarPlay and proved it worked but I am baffled.

Anyone out there offer any advice?

Do you still have to press and hold the speak button on the steering wheel to start the pairing?

Thanks @Loz I have tried this as this is what my iPhone is telling me to do. All I got was the HU voice command speaking to me.

Thanks @Loz I have tried this as this is what my iPhone is telling me to do. All I got was the HU voice command speaking to me.
you get the voice control with a short press, try a 3 second hold on the button?

Back