What is this on my MFD?

Texxaco

T6 T32 204 DSG on SoLow 3H Air remapped to 257PS
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Having fitted my Alpine X802D-U HU after it coming back from Alpine I now have this small issue.

The Image below only shows when I am listening to Apple CarPlay, everything else such as Radio stations show correctly on the MFD.

Anyone shed any light?

image.jpg

Seriously though, How do I set the MFD y[] to show the music I am playing on my phone?

PS: I am not playing RAP.

Don't know, my Kenwood only displays "Carplay" on the MFD when I'm using it. Doesn't bother me though, I always have the large digital speedo showing on the MFD.

I wonder if mine is supposed to say CarPlay? Gotta be better that y[].

is Floyd getting into the Xmas season early with a truncated Santa chuckle? YoHoHo!!

is Floyd getting into the Xmas season early with a truncated Santa chuckle? YoHoHo!!
He is way too early, next he will be asking for Xmas lights on the dash :sneaky:

Reactions: JOG
He is way too early, next he will be asking for Xmas lights on the dash :sneaky:
Ha ha ha! You’ve given this waaaay too much thought!
(I’m nicking the idea though to entertain the boys!)

Seen it in the past on other vans. Deffo given it a go, they even do lights with usb plugs.

Seen this once before, and believe it’s the canbus adapter needs to have the latest firmware

Thanks @Absolut5. Kinda knew you would have the answers.

The last time I did a firmware upgrade my HU had to go back to Alpine.

Is updating the Canbus adaptor easiest enough to do?

Thanks @Absolut5. Kinda knew you would have the answers.

The last time I did a firmware upgrade my HU had to go back to Alpine.

Is updating the Canbus adaptor easiest enough to do?

I suggest contacting alpine to replace that to, as updating the HU has caused it to not work together correctly

I suggest contacting alpine to replace that to, as updating the HU has caused it to not work together correctly
Can it just be replaced or does it need to go back to Alpine to have the FW upgraded?

Seen this once before, and believe it’s the canbus adapter needs to have the latest firmware
@Absolut5 I am always impressed at the level of knowledge you have, reply below from Alpine echoing what you stated.

Yes this means the CAN Interface would need to be updated. I will send out an updated exchange box to you. I have put in a returns envelope, can you return your box back to me once you have made the swap please.

Cheers Alpine and of course @Absolut5:thumbsup:;)

Once again Alpine come to the rescue Canbus arrived this morning and promptly fitted. All sorted, can now see CarPlay and also the names of the contacts I am calling.
:thumbsup:;) To Alpine UK and Carl.

Back