All Terrain Tyre Size On Lowered T6

pa77on

I’m sure a few are confused about the heading but yes I want to try fit the largest all terains to my t6 which is lowered on h&r 50mm springs. I would have put them on standard but van wouldnt fit in my garage. Currently running x6 wheels but don’t like the fitment (should have got b14s).

So my question is the largest all terrains to fit 17x7 et50 stock steel vw wheels. I’m gonna fit Yokohama geolanders. From what I’ve researched i believe 235/70/17 seem to fit but just want to confirm.

Thanks in advance! Great forum with so much info!

F209609B-B59A-4C70-96C6-60810431A95B.jpeg

I'm not sure if that will work, you might get some scrubbing of the inner guards with it being lowered

Have a look at the BFG 225/60R17 KO2's you will still get a small lift over stock tire, but better traction

JAX tires sell them and they are load rated

This was mine on B14's set on the lowest, running 225/65/17 on stock 17" Steels, with 20mm rear spacers, and 15mm front. Zero rubbing, but very close. The B14 is strong enough to let you get close to the inner arches without catching, but a lowered spring on a standard shock might not be.

I didn't keep this look for long because it didn't drive very nice. The Goodrich tyres were noisy, and very spongy on B14s, so it felt very unstable. It's a great look, but the compromise in handling was too much.

Screenshot_20190119-064512_Gallery.jpg

I’m sure a few are confused about the heading but yes I want to try fit the largest all terains to my t6 which is lowered on h&r 50mm springs. I would have put them on standard but van wouldnt fit in my garage. Currently running x6 wheels but don’t like the fitment (should have got b14s).

So my question is the largest all terrains to fit 17x7 et50 stock steel vw wheels. I’m gonna fit Yokohama geolanders. From what I’ve researched i believe 235/70/17 seem to fit but just want to confirm.

Thanks in advance! Great forum with so much info!

View attachment 35539
I would be amazed if your proposed set-up would work. These tyres are effectively 3 sizes larger than OEM (235-55-17 OEM; 235-60-17; 235-65-17; 235/70/17); with a 50mm drop.
You could try it, I think all the inner arch liners would need to be removed; I Think you would need some wheel spacers 25mm all round. But I still think you will have problems if you drive over a hump in the road with the suspension compression, even if you are very lightly loaded. Also the up-gearing will be very noticeable in terms of drivability unless you've got a Big-Ass motor.
I would be more confident with 235/65/17 particularly if your suspension is adjustable.

Last edited:
It looks like the OP is in NSW (aussie), we can't use Spacers over here as they are Illegal under our laws

Back