All-round Tyre Recommendation

Hi all,

I'm looking for some tyre recommendations for my T6 T32 on 20" rims. I currently have some Powetrac Cityracing 275/40R20 106V XL tyres, which came with the van when I bought it second hand a few months ago, and I'm looking for some good all-round tyres for fuel economy and grip in the wet.

View attachment 33284

I know very little about tyres, so I'm effectively looking at tyre sites and going by their general ratings listed on their site - something like this would seem to fit the bill:

Tyre Dunlop 275/40 R20 106Y XL, MFS | SP Quattromaxx | TyreLeader.co.uk

I'm keen to hear people's thoughts on how they go about deciding tyres, and what has worked for them.

Alvaro
Hi Alvaro,i am the supplier for powertrac tyres!!!It is from china.How do you think of it?
You may also check our web to find good all season tyres.
Powertrac Brand Car tyres/Ruedas de autos - Chinautospares|Professional tyres autoparts supplier

Last edited:
Morning. @chinautosparescom and welcome to the forum, we allow a response from suppliers when they are mentioned in a thread, but please consider becoming a trade member if you would like to continue to promote your products to our growing audience.

I was speaking to the chap who powder coats for me; and he mentioned it's mostly down to the lacquer top coat quality. So may-be you could have a new wheel re-lacquered by a top wheel refurber from new, to ensure protection.????

I had the 2nd set of Wolfrace Entourage wheels done by a big company in Milton Keynes. They were meant to be one of the best around, but the finish didn't last any longer than the factory job. My theory is diamond cut wheels, due to their nature, have a very sharp edge on each cut face. This will make any build up of lacquer sufficient enough to last, very difficult. Also, depending on the actual style of wheel, they are prone to stone chips because of this sharp edge.
You only have to look at the surface of the wheel through a magnifying glass, and often they are peppered with tiny pits from road grit, meaning the salt and water pushes through, and you are back to square one.
A shame really, because I still think this style of wheel is one of the best looking.

I had the 2nd set of Wolfrace Entourage wheels done by a big company in Milton Keynes. They were meant to be one of the best around, but the finish didn't last any longer than the factory job. My theory is diamond cut wheels, due to their nature, have a very sharp edge on each cut face. This will make any build up of lacquer sufficient enough to last, very difficult. Also, depending on the actual style of wheel, they are prone to stone chips because of this sharp edge.
You only have to look at the surface of the wheel through a magnifying glass, and often they are peppered with tiny pits from road grit, meaning the salt and water pushes through, and you are back to square one.
A shame really, because I still think this style of wheel is one of the best looking.
I don't know much about lacquers but I have been told the cost/quality/ durability between the best and worst is phenomenal. and unfortunately a lay person like me only tends to find out a few years down the road. perhaps our other body repair members know a bit more as well? @RattyMcClelland

Last edited:
Diamond cut wheels don't last because the basically etch lacquered bare cut aluminium.
Not much sticks to bare aluminium especially a mirror diamond cut face. Etch lacquer will adhere but as soon as its chipped even micro millimeter chipped, water gets under it and it starts to white worm and corrode.

I think diamond cut look gash. Best suited to old skool 80s cars when they first were popular.

I think virtually every premium car/suv manufacturer still offers loads of diamond cut wheel options when you building your vehicle; I wonder what warrantee they offer on them?, or do they hide behind some weaselly words. I got 6 years 70k miles out of mine, all year round use; and still pretty much perfect. Maybe some of the after market stuff isn't quite as good.

Yup. VW have two words they use as a get out of jail free, for this scenario. 'Stone chips'.

Back