Alignment issues and Errors

Lukavell

DITryer. Sold!
T6 Legend
I've recently changed my shocks, drop links and steering tie rods. I did the front first and the steering wheel alignment was out. Strange I thought. I couldn't understand how it happened so I spoke to a mechanic friend who didn't get it either. He suggested re-aligning the steering wheel which I did. Now, it gets even stranger. I did the rear shocks and once again, the steering wheel is out! I've also got 3 seperate errors: ESC, Front Assist and TPMS which re-appear if reset or the battery is disconnected.

Any pointers or ideas greatly appreciated before I take it to a garage. The language barrier makes explaining technical issues difficult for me so the more I can garner before it goes in the better.

It will be caused by the steering angle sensor, if the steering wheel moves out of true/away from centre then the angle sensor reports an error which in turn effects the other systems, i had the same and was getting an ABS warning and also shutdown my stop/start !

I got a four wheel alignment done which re centred the wheel and drove approx 1-2 miles away from the tyre place and all the errors disappeared automatically

Rear wheel adjustment can change the 'thrust angle' and have an effect

It will be caused by the steering angle sensor, if the steering wheel moves out of true/away from centre then the angle sensor reports an error which in turn effects the other systems, i had the same and was getting an ABS warning and also shutdown my stop/start !

I got a four wheel alignment done which re centred the wheel and drove approx 1-2 miles away from the tyre place and all the errors disappeared automatically

Rear wheel adjustment can change the 'thrust angle' and have an effect

Thanks @Pauly, I'll get the wheel alignment done asap then, hopefully sort it out. I forgot to mention the start/stop pinging up too!

As advised by Steve @CRS Performance , I disconnected the battery for half hr yesterday and been out for a couple of hrs, 20 minutes drive there and back today and thankfully the error messages have gone. The steering also feels more planted and responsive, which from reading about steering angle sensors is to be expected once the system has reset itself.

A bit of a knock on the front right shock now though... its booked in for 4 wheel alignment this week, might that sort the knock out?

Back