Air Suspension for my 4Mo?

Hi all.
I have run VW Transporters from T4 to my new T6. The T5.2 and T6 4 Motion DSG models have both been fitted with VB AIR all round. To say one thing my vans are always well over weight all the time. my last van weighed 3.9 Tons all its life over 4 years and 140.000 miles, We have never had any problems with the VB system fitted even at this weight. it makes the van appear unloaded to other people, and makes a massive difference to the drive of the vehicle loaded. Let me just say my new 204 BITDI DSG 4 MOTION has been fitted with the latest VB AIR system with air tank and is now 3.6 ton in weight now drives and feels better than the day i picked up from the dealer unloaded. I know that people will never test these vans to my extremes. But all i can say that the air system can cope with these big loads. Pity regard engine on t5,2 2.0 180 BITDI. Not a patch on the T5 2.5 5 cylinder TDI, and sure the new 204 BITDI will never match that old T5 work horse in any area. Thats all about emissions how sad.But i will say one thing the new 204 BITDI engine regardless of the weight is defo a massive improvement on the the underpowered 180 BITDI, Even though add blue fitted. DPF was never the best anyway including the engine.
My VB AIR Dealer has always been MICK,FULL VB AIR DEALER, S.A.P DONCASTER DH6 7BD. TEL 01302 215296.
All I can say is great service and the best advice regards all.

Hi Aaron, Mick fitted VB air bags and compressor to the rear axel of my Autotrail Mohawk, WOW what a difference. I thought long and hard about full VB 4 channel for our T6 Vel, but i just don't load it even close to its 3.08t, so went for the much cheaper factory fit DCC. But i certainly wouldn't hesitate to recommend Mick and VB.
How long do you keep your vans for?

Aprox 4 years. but now thinking 3 years as 180 BITDI was a bit of a problem. probably my fault regards the weight lol. never mind the DSG and Transfer box. they all gave up at 46.000 miles. Vw fitted new engine/DSG/Transfer box, plus a lot of other parts under warranty at no cost to me or company. Again my local VW van centre what was Benfield now Lookers, were mint, Staff are great. And HATS OFF TO TOM LITHGOW the Master Tec. now the service manager.

Aprox 4 years. but now thinking 3 years as 180 BITDI was a bit of a problem. probably my fault regards the weight lol. never mind the DSG and Transfer box. they all gave up at 46.000 miles. Vw fitted new engine/DSG/Transfer box, plus a lot of other parts under warranty at no cost to me or company. Again my local VW van centre what was Benfield now Lookers, were mint, Staff are great. And HATS OFF TO TOM LITHGOW the Master Tec. now the service manager.
Good to hear that you are happy with your dealer:)

Hi Chriscroft. I could not ask anymore of them Lookers van centre Thornaby, Stockton on tees, they have been truly brilliant regarding warranty. and any problems regarding my vans.

@Walski
Its been a while now since you had the air ride installed. So I was just wondering if you would be willing to take 5mins to provide me/us with an honest review..

Any issues? Leaks? Hindsights/ recommendations/ changes.. install advise..etc..

My main concern is having a system installed then heading out the door for work.. get to the van and the system has a leak.. wont go up!... whats that options then (apart from "taxi!!":p)....
Is it a tow-a-way job?. On site fix that is under warranty??. Do you get a warranty with this system...

Thanks
:thumbsup:

I had look at the VB system at the show on Saturday, the kit looked very nice, underwhelmed by the UK agent however..

I had look at the VB system at the show on Saturday, the kit looked very nice, underwhelmed by the UK agent however..

I have hear the VB system is very good and VW approved, is there a dealer for VM in Birmingham ?

@Walski
Its been a while now since you had the air ride installed. So I was just wondering if you would be willing to take 5mins to provide me/us with an honest review..

Any issues? Leaks? Hindsights/ recommendations/ changes.. install advise..etc..

My main concern is having a system installed then heading out the door for work.. get to the van and the system has a leak.. wont go up!... whats that options then (apart from "taxi!!":p)....
Is it a tow-a-way job?. On site fix that is under warranty??. Do you get a warranty with this system...

Thanks
:thumbsup:
Hi sorry for the late reply Walski. I really have had no problems with the VB Air full system. The dealer who fitted both my new T6 and previous T5.2 which i ran at excessive weight for 3 to 4 years. 3.8 ton every day full stop never a lighter day, poor old girl lol.I know that Mic lightly at S.A.P Doncaster is a star and a true gent. He has men on the road to sort any problem regards VB if he has fitted full stop. We are based further north at Northallerton North Yorkshire and has and always going to be my dealer for VB Air suspension regardless of the travel time south regards great service.The new system comes standard with a air tank to decrease jack up on suspension between modes which works a lot better. There is a factory option of a remote extra blow up valve that will jack suspension if compressor was to fail. All i can say is my T6 vans runs the weight limit every day i.e. T32 4MOTIONS. VB has made a massive improvement as well as looking completely unloaded even when towing trailers. I would say please give MIC at S.A.P a call regards anything on 01302 215296 he can answer all. The system is fitted to nearly all ambulances on the road today:).

I have been looking at the VB air ride but my combi is only used as my car never loaded only when i let the kids in it (rare) so for me it would be a expensive luxury as with you @Aaron Simmons i can see its a lot of benefit to your work. what puts me off is some feed back i have read and been told about the ride being crap/bouncy etc. maybe its because it needs some weight in the back ?

Hi sorry for the late reply Walski. I really have had no problems with the VB Air full system. The dealer who fitted both my new T6 and previous T5.2 which i ran at excessive weight for 3 to 4 years. 3.8 ton every day full stop never a lighter day, poor old girl lol.I know that Mic lightly at S.A.P Doncaster is a star and a true gent. He has men on the road to sort any problem regards VB if he has fitted full stop. We are based further north at Northallerton North Yorkshire and has and always going to be my dealer for VB Air suspension regardless of the travel time south regards great service.The new system comes standard with a air tank to decrease jack up on suspension between modes which works a lot better. There is a factory option of a remote extra blow up valve that will jack suspension if compressor was to fail. All i can say is my T6 vans runs the weight limit every day i.e. T32 4MOTIONS. VB has made a massive improvement as well as looking completely unloaded even when towing trailers. I would say please give MIC at S.A.P a call regards anything on 01302 215296 he can answer all. The system is fitted to nearly all ambulances on the road today:).

I've just emailed them for a price :whistle:

Depends what you want.... you can get manual systems starting about £3k but with a full management system the yes £5k ish gets you one of th better systems. I've got some big stuff wi work this week but promise to post a summary of my system later this week.

Back