(Aftermarket) window leak!

UNiCAD

Gents
Just installed the plywood floor in my campervan conversion and hopefully dry fitting the RIB seat this weekend for Christmas transportation and i noticed this staining around the one wheelarch edge of the ply, its only on the drivers side and on touch does not feel wet? Is it just condensation or do i need to get the floor up.
Any thoughts gratefully received.

20181217_194700.jpg

20181217_194653.jpg

20181217_194637.jpg

Tailgate open in the rain and allowed water to track underneath ??

I have had roof bars fitted to the skyline pop top, tailgate is closed, so this is a leak from somewhere then?

I think you need to get the floor up I am afraid, to see where it is coming from.

Pete

Check above, maybe roof bars. It might be a simple to remove headlining and see if bars are leaking?

Carpet does not feel damp or wet? Skyline roof just fitted with roofbars, so not from roofbars,
Why has just been fitted mean its not leaking? Or water tracing down the side somewhere?.
But if the carpet is not damp then is could be from below.

You can see where the damp from the carpet has actually wicked into the wood. It seems your problem is probably more likey due to water running down the carpet and pooling at the bottom than it would be from underneath. The newly fitted roof rails would likely be the culprits. Is my take on it.

Use some kitchen roll or toilet roll to see if it picks up any moisture from the carpet just above where the stains are.

Pete

The roof rails are fitted to the pop top not the van so they cant leak into the van.
I think the problem is from the newly fitted window flush opener running from the window tray over the carpet to the mid pillar, our drive is sloping and I think this is why its following the wheel arch.

I have had a closer look under hose pipe spray to the roof of the van this evening (10:30pm) and the leak appears to be from the bonding of the opening tray runner from the newly fitted flush window we had fitted last week. The leak appears to be from the corner of the opening tray and running down over the carpet and causing the damp area on the ply, our driveway is sloping so this is exaggerating the leak and running back along the wheel arch.

I am calling the fitter tomorrow, very disappointing at the moment as we travelled a long way to have it fitted last week by the best on good authority, any thoughts how I can stop the leak in the short term?

20181217_194637.jpg

20181217_194653.jpg

20181217_194700.jpg

20181217_220608.jpg

20181217_220631.jpg

20181217_220640.jpg

20181217_220703.jpg

The roof rails are fitted to the pop top not the van so they cant leak into the van.
I think the problem is from the newly fitted window flush opener running from the window tray over the carpet to the mid pillar, our drive is sloping and I think this is why its following the wheel arch.
Roof bars can leak fitted to the poptop had a nightmare with my hilo with water ciming in not just a trickle either ,roof bars are off now,never again

Andy
How do the rails leak then, on the skyline roof the roof bars are outside of the canvas, can't see how they could possibly leak into the van?

Andy
How do the rails leak then, on the skyline roof the roof bars are outside of the canvas, can't see how they could possibly leak into the van?
It was leaking into the roof lid and running threw the channel and when roof lifted up it was like a welsh moutain stream , got a video of it somewhere

Back