Advice on lowered amount needed

JimDiesel

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all, so I’m due to collect my “new to me” first ever t6 on Friday!!
Need to look into insurance and I’m wondering if I’ll be asked how much it’s been lowered when I say it has been.
It’s from a car dealership who don’t know how much previous owner lowered it, it’s got coil overs is as much as they know.
So how or where do I measure and then what should the standard height at this point or points be?

It’s a 2019 t6 kombi 150 DSG with no other real changes.

TIA

If it's not stupidly low then I doubt the insurers will ask "how much?" If on coil overs, the maximum drop will be somewhat determined by what coil overs are fitted but the drop is unlikely to be mega.
I have a new T6.1 which is lowered by about 70-80 mm and when I insured with LV they seemed reasonably disinterested other than ticking a box entititled "suspension modification".
I'm sure it depends on the insurers but LV seemed mega easy to deal with regarding sensible mods.

If it's not stupidly low then I doubt the insurers will ask "how much?" If on coil overs, the maximum drop will be somewhat determined by what coil overs are fitted but the drop is unlikely to be mega.
I have a new T6.1 which is lowered by about 70-80 mm and when I insured with LV they seemed reasonably disinterested other than ticking a box entititled "suspension modification".
I'm sure it depends on the insurers but LV seemed mega easy to deal with regarding sensible mods.
Thanks Samro, who’s LV?
I’m guessing not Leighton.

Interestingly LV would not insure my Shuttle when I tried to move my policy from my Skoda last weekend. Ended up going with Admiral

That's odd. I guess location and driving history all cause variance from one person to the next.

im with LV too, mine sits at 350mm on solows. LV wanted another £4 to add the suspension and Fuel wheels as mods. been with them for years and no matter how small the mods are, best to declare and be covered than not.

Any modifications have to be declared outside of factory.
So you could change suspension to coilovers and not drop the height but still needs to be declared.
Insurance companies might not load the premium but an inspection on a repair could cost you no payout

Hey all, thanks for the advice, I’ve rung around, ended up best quote and cover from A-Plan (Harry), coil overs and wheels declared, and all good with factory immobiliser, great cover and price. Way less than I expected!
They seem really flexible as and when the build begins unless the mod significantly changes the value of the van. (No idea how you calc that!)
No charge for health condition or Mids already declared… Happy Days!!

Back