Absolut5 Audio Installation In A California Camper

IanE

Hi all - Jason of the above firm of installers suggested that I come on this forum to look for advice on the above. I'll confess right away that my Cali is a T5!

I'm considering having Abolut5 carry out their "Signature Audio" installation in our Cali. I'm hoping that there might be someone on this forum whose had this work done to their Cali? If so, I'd really appreciate their feedback on the system - I'm more interested in fidelity of sound than anything else, particularly when the system is battling against the engine etc noise when cruising along the autobahn at 80!

I have made a similar request on the California forum but not had a response from someone who has had the work done as yet.

Thanks in anticipation!

Ian

I have a t6 with their setup along with some custom electrics (second battery and etc). My trade before my current profession was audio and video technology and all I can say is it’s a great setup and my wife can hear me coming home a long way away!

Thanks for the replies - most encouraging! I should have said in my original post, I did do a search before posting and couldn't find any threads concerning installs specifically in Californias. It would be great if I could get some feedback from Cali owners in particular, though I can see very clearly from what I've seen on this forum that Absolut5 are top notch. I've spent a fair amount on our camper audio already over the 8 years we've had it (from new and we plan to keep it for another 12 years) and been left unsatisfied with the result, so I really want to get it right this time - my wallet just can't take any more! Also, if we do go with Absolut5, I'll be traveling from Kendal in Cumbria, 257 miles and 4 hours 46 minutes door to door - another reason for wanting to be sure I'm doing the right thing!

Thanks again

Jason has just done a load of work for me, and I'm genuinely impressed with not just the quality of the work, but the "can do" nature of the team. I wouldn't hestitate to use them again - in fact I'd go out of my way to do so.

Thanks for the replies - most encouraging! I should have said in my original post, I did do a search before posting and couldn't find any threads concerning installs specifically in Californias. It would be great if I could get some feedback from Cali owners in particular, though I can see very clearly from what I've seen on this forum that Absolut5 are top notch. I've spent a fair amount on our camper audio already over the 8 years we've had it (from new and we plan to keep it for another 12 years) and been left unsatisfied with the result, so I really want to get it right this time - my wallet just can't take any more! Also, if we do go with Absolut5, I'll be traveling from Kendal in Cumbria, 257 miles and 4 hours 46 minutes door to door - another reason for wanting to be sure I'm doing the right thing!

Thanks again

Why would a cali specific be different from velle?. What is it that your after that might differ?.

Why would a cali specific be different from velle?. What is it that your after that might differ?.
Its a cali thing, some of the cali owners on the Cali forum think their Vans are different from others I hope @IanE has not beed drawn in to their mentality. Far as I know there is little to be cali specific apart from they have eight speakers my beach may have six but I'm not even sure on that. Just peased the STD headunit that came with it is better that some I've had on other cars.

Ah, would imagine that placement of speakers might be alittle more compromised due to lay out but nothing thay should impead quality or performance.
Just alittle imagination of hardware placement?.

Ah, would imagine that placement of speakers might be alittle more compromised due to lay out but nothing thay should impead quality or performance.
Just alittle imagination of hardware placement?.
There are two in the drop down compartment in the back of the ocean (not on the beach) another two some where around the centre then the four at the front. Least it was on the old T5 we had I'm sure @Loz could tell you more. Truth is there is little difference other than cosmetic and the units in the van they just raded the bins from the other types of T6's to make the cali a little more up market. They aint woth the money your just as well off with a Kombi. Don't understand why they dont do a day van version of it would go down a storm

Thanks again for the responses.

Fish/Roadrunner - I can't really add anything to what I've already said. If I remain a mystery to you I'm sorry about that (though Roadrunner I can assure you that my mentality is fine). I've only ever owned this one van so I don't know whether there are differences or not between a California and other flavours of T5. I was hoping through my request here that I might be enlightened through hearing from other Cali owners.

Roadrunner I note that you in fact own a Cali Beach. Mine is an SE, renamed "Ocean" with the introduction of the T6. As you point out, there are differences between the Ocean/SE and the Beach, including to their audio. In any event, you don't say if you've had Absolut5 carry out audio work on your van.

Anyway, I've pretty much decided to go with Absolut5 if I'm going to go ahead and get the work done, as I've been convinced by the responses above and by all I've heard about them on other posts here that I will be happy with their work!

Their work regardless of vehicle type is of class and quality. They know what their doing and take the time to, not only get it right but spend time with customers to ensure complete satisfaction. I have yet to hear any bad words about @Absolut5
If for some reason something wasn't to your taste then Jason would ensure everything was done to rectify the concerns,as he is an approchable person.

@IanE my wife had a 58 plate T5 Cali which we had for 3 or four years before getting rid of it because it was not used. That had the std head unit. When I bought the new T6 Beach, (nither of us wanted the stuff that came with an ocean) I speced up the larger screen headunit which is good enough for my needs. @Absolut5 get some very good reviews on here and can advise you as to the best one to use, they always seem to be showing some really good products on here

Back