unable to store tyre pressure

vwcolllet

With key in a message shows up unable to store tyre pressure? when I start the engine, tyre pressure warning light on as well as the ABS light.
I drive off they go out, I have checked the pressures all ok tried to store tyre pressures gone to tyre pressure store ok then confirm ok
next comes on tyre pressures stored then changes to unable to store, What am I doing wrong??????
help needed
Many Thanks

What van.... T6... T6.1?

Battery off reset?

Maybe try this ... ?

Sounds like you've got an ABS sensor on the way out. Very common - Carista or similar will confirm. Indy should charge around £150 to replace inc part.

That sounds plausible.

And would store a code for the wheel speed sensor too..

Am I still ok to use the van? there is no warning lights on after the first 10mt of travel
until i can get this sorted

Sounds like you've got an ABS sensor on the way out. Very common - Carista or similar will confirm. Indy should charge around £150 to replace inc part.
£150??!! for fitting a £15 part??!! That could be done by anyone with a minimal set of tools?

Thanks or your help, I tried a van ecu reset and this seams to have worked, I am not
getting tyre pressure warning light on when starting the engine.
I will update if I have anymore problems.

Can I hijack this topic …do vw wheels have tyre sensors in the valves I changed out the wheels for some pepper pots and now have the tyre warning … what sort of cost I wonder is it an ATS job ??? Cheers

T6 dont use wheel sensors, they use indirect TPMS which work off the ABS sensors measuring wheel rotation speed
T6.1 can be either, they get indirect TPMS as standard i believe that works as above but there is also a factory option to add direct TPMS which uses sensors in the wheels to give tyre pressure info in the cluster

Yes normally if its direct TPMS you swap the sensors from old wheels to new wheels, if its indirect TPMS you just need to reset it on the dash

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System. Usually a discrete, battery powered sensor that takes the place of the fill valve on each wheel, monitors the tyre pressure when the wheel spins and activates the sensor or by radio activation when the vehicle is moving, read by a receiver in each wheel well (or sometimes just 3 of the 4).
Other option is indirect where the wheel circumference is set into the ECU when the tyre is at the correct pressure, then, if a tyre starts to deflate the ABS sensors detect one wheel rotating at a different rate to the expected stored rate and flags it as a pressure loss in that wheel.
Direct requires sensors to be replaced occasionally when batteries die or if wheels are changed, indirect works with whatever wheel is fitted and just requires resetting whenever a change is made.

Thanks or the information I will have to look to see witch type I have got, I have not yet
changed a tyre, so if i got TPMS then you will have to take the tyre off to change the battery?

You might be able to tell by looking at the valve stem, Rubber stems usually mean no TPMS sensor.
You can change the battery but usual method is to just replace the sender unit.

Thank you very much for you help (Grim Reaper ) I am Pleased to say they are Rubber stems, one this less
to worry about when itting new tyres

Back