A Pillar To Head Unit - Cable Route

Max Palmer

Hi, how do I route a cable from the A pillar (passenger side) to the head unit? What bits of trim need to be removed to do this please? We are talking cables for rear speakers.

Thanks.

Hi, how do I route a cable from the A pillar (passenger side) to the head unit? What bits of trim need to be removed to do this please? We are talking cables for rear speakers.

Thanks.
Get electricians rods/fish tape and feed it down to below steering wheel (a light underneath will help you to see a route) then pull off panel below steering wheel and feed up on the right hand side. Popping the end panel off will make access easier. The A pillar cover will just pull off, though if you’ve got grab handles you will need to undo the 2 torx screws holding them. I’m at work so can’t take any pics but hopefully someone will be able to post some and make it a bit clearer.

Once the glove compartment is off, is there a clear route up to the head unit (once it’s cover is removed) and across to the airbag switch compartment?

When we fitted a reverse camera,we took the end panel off the dash,removed the head unit and fished the wire across,hope this helps

Back