T6_FunBus

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Greetings,

In the never ending pool of threads on suspension, I am looking specifically for people with b14’s running on their lowest with 275 40 20’s.

I have -50mm springs, definitly not a boaty as stock and rides ok, but can be a bit bouncy and crashy.

How are the b14’s on their lowest?

With -50mm springs, I still have a good 40-50 until the tyres. I think an 80mm drop would be perfect, but so lows do 100 out the box!

Pictures also appreciated! Thanks.

TransporterHQ do a B14 komfort set with lower springs that will give you the 80mm, I have been eying them up as well :)

275 40 20 are the wrong size tyres people only fit these as they’re cheap as that size are fit to many vehicles , range rovers etc , if you had 275/35/20 you’d have no issues with that drop, the only issue is with any coilover that’s that low your wound right down hence not much travel on springs or shocks, if your looking for low I’d consider solows as at full hieght they’re much more comfy than b14’s wound all the way down ( which is what I had previously ).

I've recently had Solow's fitted and I asked for them to be left at their maximum so I can see how many things I scrape...
Admittedly I haven't got 20's fitted, only 225 55 17's , but according to Willtheyfit.com the 275 35 20 tyres will be 20 mm bigger in diameter. As I am currently about 10mm from the arch at the rear tye 20's would probably sit level, as a comparison.
The extra 10mm ground clearance wouldn't hurt either. FWIW I don't scrape very often at all.

It’s actually 275 35 20’s I am running.

Thanks for the replies. 100mm looks like it will be sat on the tyre right now, and we’ve not put the conversion in, so I am thinking it would scrape, 80ish would be perfect.

Thats my concern on b14’s, as they would be as low as they can go.

It’s actually 275 35 20’s I am running.

Thanks for the replies. 100mm looks like it will be sat on the tyre right now, and we’ve not put the conversion in, so I am thinking it would scrape, 80ish would be perfect.

Thats my concern on b14’s, as they would be as low as they can go.
We have seen B14 at 90 mm. Of course there not meant to be there but the springs can’t cope with camper weight so they sit way too low. ( before they break of course ).

Take the delete back out then, unless you like driving around like a speed boat :rofl:
I don’t think it looks like a speedboat its level slightly nose down there is a bigger arch gap to the front due to the tyre size which I have to be Mindful of due to been a t32 van and load rated tyres
It is only a work van and needs to be able to carry weight
Maybe put a picture of your van on so I can see how the stance should look

I don’t think it looks like a speedboat its level slightly nose down there is a bigger arch gap to the front due to the tyre size which I have to be Mindful of due to been a t32 van and load rated tyres
It is only a work van and needs to be able to carry weight
Maybe put a picture of your van on so I can see how the stance should look
Must be the image as it looks the opposite way. I don’t own a van sorry.

It definately looks higher at the front than the rear But it also looks like the van is on a hill so this will mess with your head , problem with deleting the rear adjusters is, there is no way to fine tune the height and the adjuster deleted can represent 15 mm at least. it looks like the difference is about 15 mm .

Last edited:
We have seen B14 at 90 mm. Of course there not meant to be there but the springs can’t cope with camper weight so they sit way too low. ( before they break of course ).
I can vouch for this, my old b14’s were on their highest setting so should of been 40mm down but the van actually sat 80mm down on the front and 90mm down on the rear. My advice would be not to waste your money on these extremely overrated coilovers and get something of a higher quality and actually fit for purpose.

Back