4Motion Underbody Protection

TassieT6

I'm looking for some underbody protection for my Multivan.
I intend to fit this in addition to a small lift kit (50mm maximum).
The kit needs to protect the engine, fuel tank and rear differential.

Three choices I have found so far are:

1) Seikel - This kit is very expensive especially in Australia where one dealer has a monopoly on it and I would probably have to fit their suspension kit as well if I bought from them. The reputation and quality seems to be good.

2) Rival - Much less expensive but quite similar to the Seikel in design.

3) Terranger - This kit covers the entire underbody in 2 bolt together plates. The protection looks good but I do have concerns about heat build up even though there is ventilation holes.

Has anybody had any experience with any of these particularly the Rival and Terranger kits?

Hey Tassie,
Did you have any luck choosing one. I'm also looking at one out of the 3 options. Trakka is the only one that has got back to me so far about the Seikel kit.

Hey Tassie and Rick,

You can also buy direct from Seikel, they ship to Australia and the shipping isn't that bad.

You will have to pay customs if over $1000AUD.

Trakka order every 3 months thereabouts, it'll be a long wait if they don't have it in stock.

I was going to look at ordering straight from Seikel, as the quote from them was good, but Trakka had the Seikel suspension in stock, so i went the easy option.

Hey Tassie and Rick,

You can also buy direct from Seikel, they ship to Australia and the shipping isn't that bad.

You will have to pay customs if over $1000AUD.

Trakka order every 3 months thereabouts, it'll be a long wait if they don't have it in stock.

I was going to look at ordering straight from Seikel, as the quote from them was good, but Trakka had the Seikel suspension in stock, so i went the easy option.

Cheers Bryn I'll email them direct and see what they charge. There is so much gear over in Europe for these vans you'd think someone would pick them up and be an Australian rep for them.

You're not wrong, there is a heap of awesome gear over in the UK and Europe that is available.

I've imported most of the gear for my camper build from Mainland Europe and UK.

But Freight is a killer, when you aren't shipping a full container, but the bonus is that VAT or Duty is excluded, which helps with the added freight costs.

You're not wrong, there is a heap of awesome gear over in the UK and Europe that is available.

I've imported most of the gear for my camper build from Mainland Europe and UK.

But Freight is a killer, when you aren't shipping a full container, but the bonus is that VAT or Duty is excluded, which helps with the added freight costs.

Have you imported anything from Terranger? I've emailed them but there website is in German not sure if they will respond.

No, i haven't.

I was looking at their Rear tailgate holder from a dutch company "Terracamper", but it ended up too pricey for me with freight.

I've found german companies quite good at reply's, the majority of the germans speak english.

Has anyone ever cut and folded their own underbody protection? I have some heavy grade aluminium checkerplate which I am considering using for a DIY option?

Back