4motion or 2motion?

Is your van 4motion or fwd?

• 4motion

Votes: 51 45.1%
  • FWD

Votes: 62 54.9%

• Total voters
Anyone know if the front tyre wear is reduced on the 4motion?

Hearing the fronts don’t last all that well on the 204’s fwd.
I checked our tyre tread depth at around 20k miles, and there is very little ware difference between the fronts and rears (I hadn't back-front rotate the wheels at all by this point), so in my experience, you do get reduced front tyre ware (or is it increased rear tyre ware?????:)) These tyres are going to do around 35k miles, so happy either way.

loving the 4wd grip on take off in this weather
no traction lights just whoosh and it goes!

I've had a nightmare with my van order and have been delivered a 2WD T32 204 DSG without a lot of the spec I ordered. The dealer is trying to find me a replacement and I have been offered a great deal on a 4-Motion (which I dodn't originally order) with everything I wanted and more. However, my question is how much does the extra weight of the 4-Motion effect acceleration and performance? I've only ever driven the 2WD so have nothing to compare it with?

Do it no brainer

You get a button to turn off the traction which is nice and the way the 4m system just picks its self up and goes without any traction light power killing flashing is crazy!!

I drove a courtesy fwd 150bhp and it was crap lol torque steering all over the show in first gear.

Down side is 1 or 2 mpg less...

No issues with fwd, it’s a van not a GTR, never had wheelspin, except a little in drifting snow on the Mendips and in 6inch snow getting into Bristol in the heavy snow, but seriously impressive handling in the conditions given standard van tyres- we went by cars struggling on hills.....for those who know Bristol, Hurley hill was barely passable, Black Lion Hill into Knowledge, no chance. No regrets. Suppose only a small minority actually need it v want it, otherwise it would be standardbut it adds to the variety of vans, and thank goodness for the choice.

My 2015 T5 in 4Motion coped beautifully around 6 months ago when there was all that snow in the UK!

Lots of 2WD vans/cars were house-bound & I carried on ;);)

Anyone know if the front tyre wear is reduced on the 4motion?

Hearing the fronts don’t last all that well on the 204’s fwd.
I'm on 30k miles on my original tyres and still loads of tread. I've never known tyres to last this well.

Back