4motion Haldex Service

Hi, Are all 4Motion’s on the Haldex system?

just been reading about the HALDEX Service?? Which I knew nothing about, so now a bit worried as I’m not sure when/if mine has been done.
Would this be picked up on The All In Service Plan as it’s not long been in for a service.
Thanks

Mine had no record of being serviced in its first 3 years even though it had a full VW service history and I had to specifically ask VW to do it as part of the service. So you’ll probably have to ask them to do it.

Make sure whoever is doing it knows exactly what they are doing - there have been several instances of them exploding a few hundred miles after service. There have been cases reported on the forum.

VW all in service plan doesn’t include Haldex service (or DSG, air-con service etc) it’s just basic engine service.

This is on the T&Cs

Haldex should be every 3 yrs. Normally when you boo with a VW CV service dept they will offer it as the online records they have will tell them ‘it’s due’

There’s a little filter, a bit like a thimble that you want to get checked/replaced. Dealers don’t usually touch it as part of the dsg service, but it’s worth doing.

VW all in service plan doesn’t include Haldex service (or DSG, air-con service etc) it’s just basic engine service.

This is on the T&Cs

Haldex should be every 3 yrs. Normally when you boo with a VW CV service dept they will offer it as the online records they have will tell them ‘it’s due’
Same with my Skoda Kodiaq 4x4, not in service plan. Booked in for Haldex doing with service next month. I will ask about the filter.

Back