Has the dealer changed the Haldex oil?

MACC

VIP Member
Hi All, T6 4motion has just been in for service, just over 3 years old and on a service plan. In addition to this they said the Haldex oil was due changing and the brake fluid too, at a cost as not included within service plan. On getting this back I can see no sign of the drain/fill plugs on the Haldex being disturbed, or any of the brake bleed nipples. Before I go back to them can I get opinions on whether I am looking at this correctly.
Thanks, Mark.

Bleed nipple.jpg

Haldex 1.jpg

Haldex 2.jpg

I'd certainly put your finding to them and see what they have to say. @Dellmassive can usually dig out the appropriate part of the workshop manual which would tell us how it should be done and give a clue as to which parts should have been disturbed.

I'd certainly put your finding to them and see what they have to say. @Dellmassive can usually dig out the appropriate part of the workshop manual which would tell us how it should be done and give a clue as to which parts should have been disturbed.
Does this help?

They marked the haldex oil as having been changed in my service book (but I did ask them to do it)

I have my suspicions that VW dealerships just syphon the brake fluid out of the reservoir and re-fill.
That’s why I always do it myself, especially after renewing pads.

for what its worth, when my dealer changed the DSG oil, they replaced all of the bungs (3) if i recall & i would expect similar from the haldex personally

Perfect, thank you. Drain plug on ours;

Drain plug.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: mmi
I have my suspicions that VW dealerships just syphon the brake fluid out of the reservoir and re-fill.
That’s why I always do it myself, especially after renewing pads.
My suspicion too, I'm not paying them £60 for a half assed job.

My suspicion too, I'm not paying them £60 for a half assed job.
The caliper bleed nipples will be ‘wet’ if the fluid has been bled through unless they went around with solvent and cleaned each one afterwards.
If they did clean them they will be very clean.

The caliper bleed nipples will be ‘wet’ if the fluid has been bled through unless they went around with solvent and cleaned each one afterwards.
If they did clean them they will be very clean.
There is a film of road grime on everything, not been cleaned in any way which is what initially raised my suspicions. No witness marks from any type of spanner being on any of them.

I had a `Master Tech` not change brake fluid on a previous A6 I had. I had copperslip on the nipples and the numpty never factored an ex technician wouldn`t check. No wrench over the nipples/wet around calipers. Audi paid for a nice meal for two coz of that. I would call them and get the service manager to check your vehicle with the tech. and get some outlook on whats gone on.

Main dealers for you.... I've even heard of them filling washer bottles up with water only and charging for washer fluid....

Back