4 Motion Diff-Lock year Info

FAC51

Evening forum users

First time on here but as yet I've had little time to browse relating to t6 4 Motion info.

Here's my question to the forum users

I understand that there was a diff lock factory option for 4 motions. Can any one tell me which year/s was this option available. I cant find any info from my local unhelpful VW dealer

Thank you

my I ask if you have used yours in real snow? Not the stuff we sometimes get in the UK. My question leads more towards the alps and beyond. Thank you

Decent winter tyres and/or all season gets you most places. Not used my diff lock that often I find it quite useful for delicate manoeuvres when reversing.

We had 5 weeks in the Alps skiing in Jan/Feb this year. I have Pirelli Carrier all season tyres on, never had to use the diff lock. BUT, I do use the diff lock when recovering the boat up slippy slips.

We had 5 weeks in the Alps skiing in Jan/Feb this year. I have Pirelli Carrier all season tyres on, never had to use the diff lock. BUT, I do use the diff lock when recovering the boat up slippy slips.
Thank you for that. Very helpful

Thank you for that. Very helpful
We drove straight out of these, no drama, no skidding or sliding. We also drove over the pass at Serre Chevalier which was white over. I’d bought a set of snow chains just in case, never used them.

DE59971B-118D-4CDE-B3F8-01246867A8F7.jpeg

D8C7FB2E-E6E6-4957-99AD-2AF4E7E3B8C7.jpeg

C36ED99B-48BC-438B-914A-5237A0850979.jpeg

I've never had to use snow chains in the alps myself on any of the 4x4 vehicles I've owned. A good choice of snow tyres or studded ones rather than winter tyres work really well time after time.
What you've posted is invaluable help and reassures me that the 4 Motion is the right choice for my needs. Thank you again

Back