3rd row sliding seats with Cali bench

GymReaper

Hi all, I've had a look through the threads but couldn't find an answer so I'm hoping you can help.

I have a 2020 LWB van which has been converted into a camper with a cali sliding rear rock and roll bed. I would like to be able to install another row of seats to the existing sliding rails. It doesn't have to be a bed although it would be convenient if it could be folded forward to allow easier access to the rear seats when installed.

Can this be done? There's probably something really simple I'm missing but I don't want to go down the expense of another full on bed for the sake of occasional seats which will need to be pulled out the van when not needed.

Any help much appreciated.

Conrad

Hi all, I've had a look through the threads but couldn't find an answer so I'm hoping you can help.

I have a 2020 LWB van which has been converted into a camper with a cali sliding rear rock and roll bed. I would like to be able to install another row of seats to the existing sliding rails. It doesn't have to be a bed although it would be convenient if it could be folded forward to allow easier access to the rear seats when installed.

Can this be done? There's probably something really simple I'm missing but I don't want to go down the expense of another full on bed for the sake of occasional seats which will need to be pulled out the van when not needed.

Conrad
Single seats, yes. Perhaps only one, though.

Another bed? I asked Richard at Kernow Transporters if this could be done with Cali rails in a LWB van with LWB rails and he said it couldn’t, and he fits these often.

Personally it looks like it’d fit, and make a really long bed, but firstly I’d check the weight of having two Cali beds as they've got to be over 100kg….

The Titan Varimount works on the Cali rails, not sure what other seats do..
@Skyliner33 might as he done a fair bit of research recently for his build.

some cali's have an extra rail to allow the single caravelle seats to be added in. Im assuming you would need the rail added which could be a pig of a job depending on what floor you currently have and fixed and access for fitting but maybe worth a thought?

Conrad

Got any pics of your interior (out of general curosity for cali conversions)

Hi there,

I'm planning the conversion of my SWB transporter kombi. I'm replacing the current bench seats with a rock 'n' roll bed and also putting a kitchen pod in. The front has a single captain's seat and double bench which is a configuration I will keep. Is it possible to convert this van so that it will seat seven do you think? It's not a "must" I'm just scoping out if it's an option.

Back