3 seater bench folded forward with swivel captain seats?

soobusdriver

Hi all,
I've been reading up for several weeks in preparation of buying a T6 or not.
Question to make the most of the space in the back.
If you have the 3 seater bench could you fold this forward and still swivel the two captain seats around and sit in them?
Or is the bench too high to sit with your legs over them?
Alternatively it would be 2+1 seats and captain seats spun around which apparently works with kids.
Another option would be to use a single seat and have a little cabinet behind driver with table folding out to use by 3 chairs...

Thank you.
Andy

I think it should be possible, as the bench stays where it is. But not sure what you exactly mean.

In the Multivan (I believe Caravelle in the UK) the seats and bench (in the back) are on rails, so you can slide them forwards and backwards, and take them out very easily. Also, depending on the version (I believe it's only in the 1 door setup) there's a table in the door which you can use inside (clips in a rail on the side) and outside (as normal table). This setup makes for a very versatile van (easily - takes 5-10 mins and someone to help lifting - changed between a camper (only front seats and bench), a 7 seater party van (to take people around, middle seats in, which can turn around from factory), and a cargo van (everything out).

For me, even with the bench folded rearward (making a bed in combination with a cabinet in the back) I can sit on the front seats that are turned around.

Don't know if that's what you mean...

Hi sippe
Thank you very much for your insights the multi van option sounds brilliant, I didn’t even know they made them.Something else for me to look at thanks!
I was thinking of a standard kombi with the 3 bench seat behind the driver and passenger seats instead of the 2+1 seats.
I’ve seen the 3 bench seat fold Flat and then forward towards the Front.
Would it be ok to have this folded forward with captain seats swivelled towards the rear?
Cheers

Hi sippe
Thank you very much for your insights the multi van option sounds brilliant, I didn’t even know they made them.Something else for me to look at thanks!
I was thinking of a standard kombi with the 3 bench seat behind the driver and passenger seats instead of the 2+1 seats.
I’ve seen the 3 bench seat fold Flat and then forward towards the Front.
Would it be ok to have this folded forward with captain seats swivelled towards the rear?
Cheers
I’m not quite sure what you’re asking, but to try and help here are some photos of my interior (it needs a clean, please don’t judge!!). It’s a SWB Kombi with 2+1 rear seats.

First is front seats swivelled and rear seats as normal.

Second is rear seats folded flat.

Third is rear single seat lifted forward. The double rear doesn’t lift forward.

With the front seats swivelled there’s enough room for a table on a tripod base and four of us to sit comfortably.

0D223B63-CB17-49A7-BDD1-F735E1B3C449.jpegBC1065D2-6262-494C-AB55-FF884BCBA75B.jpeg848BFC15-FE6C-4C73-9656-0A6242B75C34.jpeg

Hi Chris,
Lovely looking van!
Brilliant photos thank you very much, very helpful what is possible with this seating arrangement.
Do you by chance have a LWB? if so could you comfortably have a full bed behind the rear seats without having to fold them flat?
I'm assuming it would be possible to access the bed with all three seats in, alternatively the single could be taken out for ease.

Could someone with a 3 seater bench post the same photos please?
What I'm after is can you sit on a swivelled captain seat with the 3 bench seat folded and flipped towards the front? i.e. with your legs over the folded bench?
Thank you.

Hi Chris,
Lovely looking van!
Brilliant photos thank you very much, very helpful what is possible with this seating arrangement.
Do you by chance have a LWB? if so could you comfortably have a full bed behind the rear seats without having to fold them flat?
I'm assuming it would be possible to access the bed with all three seats in, alternatively the single could be taken out for ease.

Could someone with a 3 seater bench post the same photos please?
What I'm after is can you sit on a swivelled captain seat with the 3 bench seat folded and flipped towards the front? i.e. with your legs over the folded bench?
Thank you.
Mine’s a SWB and there definitely isn’t room for a full size bed behind the seats. There are a few companies that offer a bed solution that uses the folded flat rear seats as part of the bed base with a board and mattress over the top. That leaves you with the two front seats to sit on and a full size bed in the back. Some also include a slide out kitchen under the bed that will slide out of the open rear doors of the van.

Thank you for your reply again Chris!
I've seen a few of them on here and links to also.
Still need to decide whether a SWB or LWB would be best for us. Just trying to figure out different configurations also as to the seats (and what is possible with them) I want when purchasing a used T6 Kombi.

Back