Aux Battery fitted - how can I make use of it?

Monsterjam

hi,
I have a t6 Kombi and ticked the 2nd battery option when ordering as a ‘might be useful at a later date’ option. I use the van as my daily commute vehicle, but more and more using it for camping at the weeks and have 2 small kids. Really just looking for some advice as to what can be done with this 2nd battery and any auto electricians in surrey? Even a 240v socket would prove very useful but would like to know what options might be. Cheers.

The second battery option is great, you get a half decent EFB+ (type of AGM) battery under the seat.

its worth the money as you get the battery, brackets, BCM relay trigger, supply cable, fuse, relay already fitted from factory.

you might have issues with this battery being charged properly/fully by the OEM split charge relay system as discussed already on the the forum, but an easy solution is to fit a DC-DC charger from @travelvolts or others to charge the battery properly.

as for uses for the isolated second battery you can:

add 12v sockets (front socket runs from starter battery and can drain it)
add USB charger sockets
add 12v led lighting (main lights will switch off after a time)
add 240vac Inverter (run mains stuff)
add sound system & amps (beef up you ICE)
add dashcam with 24hr impact monitoring
add radar detectors
add WIFI dongle
add etc etc

basically add anything you want, that will run off the second battery and leave your main starter battery for what its intended for - engine starting.

so it great for leisure/camping uses as you can run whatever you want from it.

dc-dc charger thread:

Stop/start...regen...smart Alternator... Dc-dc Charger For Leisure Battery Or Not?

AUX battery USB charger thread:

12v Aux Feed + 5xusb Charging From Aux Battery - Today's Install

Redarc kit:

12v Aux Feed + 5xusb Charging From Aux Battery - Today's Install

Back