Connecting a leisure battery (T6)

carrotcrackers

Hi

I have a factory fitted leisure battery on my 2018 T6 Kombi, however it doesn't appear to be connected to anything. I don't get a relay click from the leisure battery when I turn the ignition, nor do I have any 12v or 240V sockets in any of the pillars. I think I need to find a conversion company who can connect the battery. I'm have a fridge I'm hoping to run off the leisure battery as well as charging phones, running an airbed inflator etc. Initial thoughts are I could do this off the 12V socket in the dash.

Can anyone give me an idea of the cost to get the battery connected through the dashboard 12V socket and / or put in a 12V / 24V socket in one of the pillars. I haven't converted the van (yet) so I don't want to commit myself to anything before I decide what I may or may not want to do in future hence thinking maybe to to avoid putting anything in the pillars for now.

Also, any recommendations on reputable conversion companies in the Abingdon / Didcot area? Grateful for any help I can get.

Thanks

Hi

I have a factory fitted leisure battery on my 2018 T6 Kombi, however it doesn't appear to be connected to anything. I don't get a relay click from the leisure battery when I turn the ignition, nor do I have any 12v or 240V sockets in any of the pillars. I think I need to find a conversion company who can connect the battery. I'm have a fridge I'm hoping to run off the leisure battery as well as charging phones, running an airbed inflator etc. Initial thoughts are I could do this off the 12V socket in the dash.

Can anyone give me an idea of the cost to get the battery connected through the dashboard 12V socket and / or put in a 12V / 24V socket in one of the pillars. I haven't converted the van (yet) so I don't want to commit myself to anything before I decide what I may or may not want to do in future hence thinking maybe to to avoid putting anything in the pillars for now.

Also, any recommendations on reputable conversion companies in the Abingdon / Didcot area? Grateful for any help I can get.

Thanks
It will be connected , it uses a relay that switches when the engine starts .
we have seen many with next to nothing running of them, some have electric sliding doors running of the battery

its simple install running items of that battery

Hi

Thanks
Do you have an auxiliary parking heater?

It will be connected , it uses a relay that switches when the engine starts .
we have seen many with next to nothing running of them, some have electric sliding doors running of the battery

its simple install running items of that battery
thanks. how do I install running items off the battery - there's no socket to plug them into unless I get one fitted?

I feel you do not know what you require , drop me a call and il go through ideas and costs with you

Back